Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Favourite Video of the 80's

Discuss your favorite songs, artists or post your top ten lists from the new wave era or related genres.

Favourite Video of the 80's

Postby ballyhoo » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:22 am

I was just curious about everyone favourite videos from the 80's. One of mine is from Godley & Creme, Cry. Music videos were in their infancy and I feel the 80's was such a pioneering era in this field. In my opinion the creativity far surpasses anything that is produced today. What are your thoughts?
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby tglopez » Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:43 pm

I liked all the Duran Duran videos through their first two releases. I thought they were played way too much but the quality was far ahead of others from that time. I also liked most the Human League videos as well as Billy Idol's early ones. These we
tglopez
Take On Me

Postby ballyhoo » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:14 am

There certainly were some awful videos back then but, budgets were pretty slim for videos as they were not recognized as an integral part of an album like they are today. I think because of the limited budgets that there were some extremely creative video
ballyhoo
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:39 pm

Frankie with Two Tribes...Gorby and Reagan goin' at it...can you get more 80s than that?!

Another favorite that's not a video at all - anybody else crazy about Billy Elliot's Town Called Mallice dance sequence? Wow! That and it's Swan Lake ferry crossi
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby leadfoot » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:29 am

a few great videos from that era of crazy vids...

1. Duran Duran's early vids, off their first 3 albums. Very creative, funky, weird, but watch-able. (ballyhoo: Godley & Creme did DD's controversial "Girls on Film")

2. Art of Noise "Close to the E
leadfoot
Take On Me

Postby David » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:50 am

Two Tribes by FGTH definately....failing that, Devo's "Wip it" or Men Without Hats' "Safety dance"... I just love the way that dwarf skips through the fields.

"Through being cool"
David
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:53 pm

Props on "Cry", "Close to the Edit" and "Our House"... classic videos!

A few of my favorites:

Billy Idol - "Dancing with Myself" Over the top, but still

Clash - "London Calling"

Pet Shop Boys - "West End Girls"

Tom Petty - "Don't Come Aroun
Dave
The Jet Set

Return to Top Ten Lists / Best of the Era