Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Devolution invades Portland! (and it kicked ass!)

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Devolution invades Portland! (and it kicked ass!)

Postby wallofboingo » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:07 pm

Just got back from my weekend in Portland (I live in Tacoma) and it was quite a quality experience. Devo played at a Nike-sponsored event at 10:00 A.M, so it was not your usual concert. But when Devo is performing, I don't think that any concert could be considered usual. Anywho, the boys played at breakneck speeds and were clearly having fun. They are indeed older and fatter (except for Bob 1, who looks exactly the same), but that apparently doesn't matter when you have spud juice flowing through your veins! I had made a homemade energy dome for the occasion and by the end of the set, my head was dripping with sweat after all the pogo-ing I had been doing! If you ever get the chance (even if you've only heard "Whip It") get out and catch their show. You will be converted! The people there were really nice, too. Devo fans make up one friendly crowd. I met an 8-year old kid named Jackson who had memorized Devo's first 6 albums by heart! Perhaps the greatest part of the day was before Devo came on when some Nike coporate lackeys were drowned out mid-speech and blasted off the stage by "DEVO!" chants. I was one proud spud.

Setlist:

Freedom of Choice
Girl U Want
Whip It
Satisfaction (I Can't Get No)
Uncontrollable Urge
Mongoloid
Blockhead
Jocko Homo
Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA (absolutely amazing!)
Gut Feeling
Gates of Steel
Come Back Jonee (awesome extended encore!)
wallofboingo
Take On Me

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews