Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Coachella 2005

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Coachella 2005

Postby schwenko » Mon May 02, 2005 8:58 am

from the NY Times May 3, 2005 (arbitrary snippage):

"One way to attract browsers is to fill the stage with old stars. The legendary new wave band New Order played a set that included a handful of songs by its even more legendary precursor, Joy Division; it was odd (but not unpleasant) to hear the group bounce through a fast, peppy version of "Love Will Tear Us Apart," arguably one of the most unpeppy songs ever recorded. Gang of Four, the postpunk band that smuggled funk into its furiously compressed punk songs, sounded every bit as vigorous as the younger acts (like the Futureheads) that uphold the Gang of Four legacy.

There were newly minted stars, too, who packed their tents to overflowing: Bloc Party (another Gang of Four follower) and M.I.A. (the thrilling British female rapper of Sri Lankan descent) drew some of the weekend's biggest crowds and ravest reviews.

One of the weekend's most anticipated sets came from the Canadian band Arcade Fire, which performed as a 10-piece on Sunday evening. The group took the stage in suits and dresses, oblivious to the sweltering heat and ready for the coming chill. The band's songs are full of characters surviving nights and winters and blackouts and fires, and so even in a field surrounded by mountains and a gloriously setting sun, the members seemed positively - and thrillingly - defiant."
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Mon May 02, 2005 9:32 am

Yeah, my friend Matt was there. He said it was an amazing experience, 100,000 singing along at the top of their lungs to Love Will Tear us Apart in the middle of the desert.

Just think about it: LWTUA sung by 100,000 a quarter odd century after it's re
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Sun May 15, 2005 10:06 pm

schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Sun May 15, 2005 11:54 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>Kraftwerk live at Coachella 2005:

http://www.216productions.com/Radio_MusiqueNonSuck.htm
2Nu
Room at the Top