Site Announcements
Congratulations to
DJRetroactive

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Spoilers-NO setlist NYC Hammerstein

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Spoilers-NO setlist NYC Hammerstein

Postby schwenko » Wed May 04, 2005 10:33 pm

from worldinmotion,net, with reference to the Chicago Aragon Ballroom show

"During the soundcheck, Peter Hook was rehearsing an early Joy Division song "Warsaw"."

[:D]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu May 05, 2005 3:09 pm

I just returned from this fantastic concert!! In the good company of Mr Blir and Mr MarvyMarv! My ears are still ringing.

Set List

Some instrumentral piece that sounded like The Good, Bad and Ugly. Blir says he recognizes the NO song, but I am cluel
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu May 05, 2005 3:45 pm

Alright, that was a goddam religious experience!!!!!!! Schwenko, Marvin, was I vascilating uncontrollably or what?? I can't convey in words how FUCKING GREAT that concert was!!!!! And yes, "Run Wild" just about did me in! And the Hookie and Morris autogra
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Thu May 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Damn, I thought I'd be the first to post about the show! But then again, I was the last to get home so I stand corrected :-)

Yeah so the show was just outrageous! Moby was seen walking around before the lights went down. Dragonette are a pretty good ba
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu May 05, 2005 9:53 pm

I almost forgot that we picked up free copies of a promo-only Krafty CD single with the 3:52 radio edit on one side and the 12" Extended version of "The Glimmers". It's got a very cool Kraftwerk kinda motif on the cover. Also reminiscent of their Shadowpl
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu May 05, 2005 10:36 pm

Well, it's morning, and I'm still "Blir-ry"[:D]

For those of you unable to attend (hey ebbhead, where the f_ were you[:p]), this concert was filmed!! Does that mean that you will be able to purchase a DVD (or download it from the internet) someday, I c
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Thu May 05, 2005 10:42 pm

Sounds like the NW version of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory and uze guys got da 'Golden Ticket'! What a trippy night indeed! Please get those pix posted ASAP![:p]
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby ROOSKYGIRL » Fri May 06, 2005 12:18 am

This concert was amazing!!!!!! Wow...I was 15 all over again for a brief moment last night[:D]
ROOSKYGIRL
Take On Me

Postby 2Nu » Fri May 06, 2005 12:27 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by kimiiii[/i]
<br>IDEA: If you do post the photos, make sure and put them on the "Not Necessarily NW" folder
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Fri May 06, 2005 1:04 am

[quote]Oh, can someone please ask Blir what he yelled at New Order about 2/3s of the way into the show[}:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quot
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby design_femme » Fri May 06, 2005 2:05 am

so fucking rad!

I love this thread.

More details please. I don't care if you all already told them to us. Just reuse them and embellish them some more. Or make something up. We don't care. We're just riding on the wake of your high.

:: props chin
design_femme
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Fri May 06, 2005 2:22 am

kimiiiii said:

"As your mind clears and your ears stop ringing, post more stories and incidents. Those are fabulous.

So, were you guys fighting off the women all night? Or maybe you weren't fighting them off at all... NOW I REALLY WANT TO SEE THESE
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Fri May 06, 2005 2:38 am

Yeah, that's right. It was pretty alcohol fueled night. Hiro makes a damned good vodka martini. Dry, and straight up. The way James Bond drinks them [;)].
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby MARV » Fri May 06, 2005 2:55 am

Hey, Blir, Schwenk - how 'bout when Hooky shouts out at the top of his lungs into the mic:

"And now, it's time for a good 'ole fashioned sing along!!!"

And then Stephen Morris breaks out into the instantly recognizable opening drum beat of LOVE WILL
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Fri May 06, 2005 2:57 am

Given the gossip potential of what was just posted, Blir or one of uze should do a photo/music slide show or flash media type tribute to your exploits last night in the same vein as <a href="http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5714" target="
2Nu
Room at the Top

Next

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews