Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Berlin and The Fixx

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Berlin and The Fixx

Postby zalasta » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:08 am

I just saw that they are coming to the 930 club here in D.C. - - i can't wait to see them!! anybody else going to see them?
zalasta
Take On Me

Postby MARV » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:15 am

Some of us are gonna see Berlin next month here in New York. After seeing the pics that Kimiiii posted of them out in Seattle, I just cannot wait for the NY show!
MARV
Room at the Top

Postby spacecircus » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:38 am

I saw Berlin here in Utah last summer. They put on a GREAT show! Definitely worth the price of admission.
spacecircus
Personal Jesus

Postby Bitter Almonds » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:27 am

Berlin is a must see. They were at the OC Fair of all places last year during their summer concert series and they totally blew everything else away. I felt sorry for the Psychedelic Furs 'cause they just did not exude the same energy Terri had and we left in the middle of their set.
Bitter Almonds
Room at the Top

Postby goutroy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:25 am

I've seen Berlin a couple times in the past ten or so years; they still rule (or at least Terri Nunn does.. my, how well she's aged!)
And the last time I saw them, they covered Never Let Me Down Again!
goutroy
Personal Jesus

Postby Eeyore2 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:59 am

[quote]Originally posted by zalasta
[br]I just saw that they are coming to the 930 club here in D.C. - - i can't wait to see them!! anybody else going to see them?
[/quote]

The only time I saw Berlin was in DC in 1985, at the Capitol Theater I think. I remember Club 930 well too. I didn't know they were still around. Glad to hear that they are.

Besides 930, I remember Poseur's and Cagneys as the places to be, and WHFS on the radio.

Hopefully, we'll see Berlin in Massapequa at John J. Burns Park tomorrow.
Eeyore2
Take On Me

Postby 2Nu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:36 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Eeyore2[/i]
<br>[quote]Originally posted by zalasta
[br]I just saw that they are coming to the 930 club here in D.C. - - i can't wait to see them!! anybody else going to see them?
[/quote]

The only time I saw Berlin was in DC in 1985, at the Capitol Theater I think. I remember Club 930 well too. I didn't know they were still around. Glad to hear that they are.

Besides 930, I remember Poseur's and Cagneys as the places to be, and WHFS on the radio.

Hopefully, we'll see Berlin in Massapequa at John J. Burns Park tomorrow.
[/quote]Definitely get to that gig dude! (especially since last year's show was rained out)
Terri's really into putting on a great show!
If you take any pix, Please post them here! [;)]
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby Eeyore2 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:31 pm

We went, and it was a great show! I forgot to bring my camera, so I've been kicking myself since last night.

It was a strange crowd, though. Some people that were into Berlin and had a great time, and a bunch of older people that seemed to be there for a "free concert in the park". Although a lot of them left early, they had a good time too, I think.

It was funny, before Berlin came on the Oyster Bay Town announcer said, "In case you are confused, this will not be a performance of the music of Irving Berlin. This is Berlin".

Terri is looking great. She announced that she is adopting a girl from Russia (to be named Natalie Joy).

The band is releasing a CD called "Foreplay" now. It features re-makes of other bands' 80s stuff. From the new album they performed Prince's "Erotic City", Peter Gabriel's "Big Time", and, for an encore, Depeche Mode's "Never Let Me Down Again".

The Tuff Darts openned. They did pretty good too, but the only song if theirs that I remembered was "Your Love is like Nuclear Waste".
Eeyore2
Take On Me

Postby schwenko » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:04 am

<br>We went, and it was a great show! I forgot to bring my camera, so I've been kicking myself since last night.

It was a strange crowd, though. Some people that were into Berlin and had a great time, and a bunch of older people that seemed to be there for a "free concert in the park". Although a lot of them left early, they had a good time too, I think.

It was funny, before Berlin came on the Oyster Bay Town announcer said, "In case you are confused, this will not be a performance of the music of Irving Berlin. This is Berlin".

Terri is looking great. She announced that she is adopting a girl from Russia (to be named Natalie Joy).

The band is releasing a CD called "Foreplay" now. It features re-makes of other bands' 80s stuff. From the new album they performed Prince's "Erotic City", Peter Gabriel's "Big Time", and, for an encore, Depeche Mode's "Never Let Me Down Again".

The Tuff Darts openned. They did pretty good too, but the only song if theirs that I remembered was "Your Love is like Nuclear Waste".
[/quote]

Tuff Darts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm kicking myself in my big butt right now! Keerap!
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby 2Nu » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:27 am

<br>We went, and it was a great show! I forgot to bring my camera, so I've been kicking myself since last night.

[/quote]That's Funny about the B-103 geriatric crowd LOL.[:D]
Yeah, Terri was in great spirits and expressed her gushing joy over her new adoption.
I got video clips of those performances, in particular, Masquerade and sex, I'm a.. (full length)
BTW: Since you are the person with CV credentials, I need to know if Optonline has provisions to host streaming video via customer accounts.
If you can let me know either way here or via e-mail, it would be most appreciated. [;)]
2Nu
Room at the Top

Postby Eeyore2 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:25 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by 2Nu[/i]
I got video clips of those performances, in particular, Masquerade and sex, I'm a.. (full length)
BTW: Since you are the person with CV credentials, I need to know if Optonline has provisions to host streaming video via customer accounts.
If you can let me know either way here or via e-mail, it would be most appreciated. [;)]
[/quote]
The new "premium" OOL service may have web hosting ability, but I don't know how much space. Running a server violates TOS, but if it doesn't have much traffic it's likely no one will notice.
Eeyore2
Take On Me

Postby zalasta » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:21 pm

saw the Fixx.. couldn't stay for Berlin, as they didn't come on until 1030 and i had to get up EARLY the next day.

but the Fixx were amazing... just rocked. only disappointment was nothing from Phantoms.
zalasta
Take On Me

Postby JimBailey66 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:02 am

I saw Berlin in the mid-1980s (I think it was when the album "Love Life" had just come out) in St Louis, Missouri. Was fortunate enough to see The Fixx a couple of years ago at a small club in Columbia, Missouri. Great shows.
JimBailey66
Running Up That Hill

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews