Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Bootlegs discussion (not links)

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: Bootlegs discussion (not links)

Postby eddie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:23 am

It's funny how this has gone the same way as negatives last attack on me. He pops in and has a go and then someone else comes in, so suddenly aggrieved that they feel the need to offload the same hatred and meanwhile negative wanders off so it doesn't look like he's the one causing trouble.

Funny how 'willbfree' didn't have an issue with me here isn't it:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42356&p=377189#p377189

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41913&p=374147#p374147

but those two of course contained actual links and were before negatives brainwashing campaign.

Funny how I posted a load of Toyah bootlegs and quite a few Danielle Dax bootlegs recently and neither received the negative seal of criticism. But they of course contained actual links. Are you sensing a pattern?

Funny how often we see negative posting how he's "got ......." or has "ordered ....." and you're all expected to bow to his superiority. I post a similar style of thread and get labelled the anti-christ by him.

Here's a message for you negative. This is not your website. You've attacked both magnum and myself recently as if it is. How people post is nothing to do with you.

I'll be back posting later.
apf? southern boy? borntorun99? yazoost? Fucking joke? Definitely.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:53 am

Last edited by eddie on Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:06 am

There you go. all gone.
Last edited by eddie on Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby magnum » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:21 am

Negative 1 does have a valid point,admin has created a section for this genre.
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby Uvox » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:04 am

eddie wrote:is there a reason you haven't asked uvox the same question about live stuff? Oh yeah there is, he's not me.

My apologies to all those who would have enjoyed it including uvox.

My name's becoming popular, I'm so pleased, thanks:-)

As to the essense of that new quarrel, from now on, I am ready to post live recordings - if and when I have anything interesting to share - under that new Live Recordings subforum threads, and post a link here just to make it visible to the visitors.
Probably, we may have a compromise - to post "official" ( CD or vynil sourced) live material here, and to post boots (audience, SBD, FM, TV sourced) in Live recordings?
Eddie?
Uvox
The Jet Set

Postby eddie » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:07 am

No.

Maybe -his braincells will inform everyone of how that section came about rather than the assembled masses being under the impression that it was solely an admin instalment.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby magnum » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Maybe it was maybe it wasnt at the urging of Negative 1....who knows the real reason,but at the end of the day Mike P [owner/admin] deemed it appropriate that section to be added given the number of those posts of that ilk in the obscure 80s section. I can only assume the owner deemed it good housekeeping to keep posts of that description in that section but for whatever reason this seems to have been ignored.
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby the_moth » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:38 pm

I just had a déja-vu moment
the_moth
Take On Me

Postby eddie » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:42 am

the_moth wrote:I just had a déja-vu moment

Indeed I get the same feeling every time he attacks me. I think this is number 4 now. Going back a lot longer than that board has been in place. He's clearly desperate to get me banned.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby AJWAVE » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:35 am

What is the problem?
Does anyone get hurt because these things are posted in this place and not in the "live recording" section?
Is your life in danger?
Not apparently.
If the administrator doesn't care, why should you care?
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby eddie » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:58 am

AJWAVE wrote:What is the problem?
Does anyone get hurt because these things are posted in this place and not in the "live recording" section?
Is your life in danger?
Not apparently.

Because this is the way he's behaved with me for years, even before that board was in place.This is at least the fourth time, maybe even the fifth. I usually have to post the human league stuff for him to start. it'll be the mentioning of the Go West one that's fucked him off this time. Oddly he didn't feel the urge the other week when i posted a load of toyah and danielle dax mainly with the intention of getting them to Rissan who I knew was a fan of both. But suddenly I make multiple posts in a thread I created which doesn't include any links and for the fourth or fifth time here come the attacks. He genuinely believes this site is his personal playground. My favourite post of his which proves this is personal and nothing to do with what I post is one in a human league thread where he says he doesn't mind donating for flac bootlegs. Seriously he doesn't mind paying for them but he does mind where the most anti-payment of any kind poster on the internet posts in one forum. He is the only one who has ever complained about where I post. Posting apartheid the -braincells way. But just imagine having your own board, all those posts, all those views, all those downloads, all those thanks. Wow what an ego trip that would be. Shame I'm not in it for anything but sharing isn't? Maybe he should have his own board see how many visit it. Look at the view numbers on my created threads. I've been doing that board a favour. Howard, china crisis and the police have well in excess of 60,000 views.

This is what he does though run in, mouth off, run away and let his back up mob do the rest of his dirty work.

You would think the last year on this planet might have taught tolerance, a sense of community and generosity to everyone but obviously not in his warped tiny mind.

I have again asked for my username and all posts associated with it removing from this forum. It didn't work last time. Let's see if it does this. If he is as desperate as he appears to get me banned I will happily give him posts to get me banned for.
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby vinyljunk » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:34 pm

negative1 wrote:is there a reason you don't post under live recordings,
viewforum.php?f=20

when there's a whole subforum just for that, instead
of constantly posting in the obscure music one.

later

You've still got the superiority complex shit going on then negative? If you're bothered by this how the hell do you get through a normal day?
vinyljunk
Running Up That Hill

Postby eddie » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:46 pm

AJWAVE wrote:What is the problem?
Is your life in danger?
Not apparently.

It appears that you have, as the saying goes, hit the nail on the head.

Admin has read my email, they have read my pm and done nothing.

So - braincells I will be resuming posting what I want, when I want and WHERE i want and you can shut the fuck up!

You see mate even your argument of my posts knock others down the board doesn't stand up because I've bumped posts by other's to the top when i've posted a few at once.

Don't worry we'll all wait until you've run off to complain that you're not getting all your own way and how it would be better in your tiny little mind if....etc etc.
eddie
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central