Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

China Crisis Re-Issues

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby humanracer » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:04 am

omar wrote:
humanracer wrote:Finally got a copy today of the Dutch CD Compilation The Sound of Today Volume 2. It is only digital source of the 7" single remix of Hanna Hanna.

how is it different from the standard version?

If anyone wants the mix in FLAC,Send me a PM
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:03 am

From CC:
Roll On twenty twenty one . . And the China’s “ What Price Paradise “ 3 cd / 40 trk Deluxe Edition release . . . Sleeve notes by Eddie , Gazza , Brian and Gary . . Featuring “ Best Kept Secret “ Andy ( XTC ) Partridge version , plus “ Worlds Apart “ Pete Walsh version . . Plus home demos , b- sides and a full live concert recording . . . Album originally recorded and produced by Clive Langer and Alan Winstanley ( see pic ) all best CC . . .
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:48 am

humanracer wrote:From CC:
Roll On twenty twenty one . . And the China’s “ What Price Paradise “ 3 cd / 40 trk Deluxe Edition release . . . Sleeve notes by Eddie , Gazza , Brian and Gary . . Featuring “ Best Kept Secret “ Andy ( XTC ) Partridge version , plus “ Worlds Apart “ Pete Walsh version . . Plus home demos , b- sides and a full live concert recording . . . Album originally recorded and produced by Clive Langer and Alan Winstanley ( see pic ) all best CC . . .

where's the mention of WPP being reissued ? i couldn't find it anywhere. Hope that's happening as it's my favorite CC album.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:04 am

Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:18 am

Ok thanks. I wasn't a member of that group. I'm guessing a spring release?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:15 am

postpunkmonk wrote:
humanracer wrote:It seems, as well as being censored, the 7" of Hanna Hanna is a slightly different mix. There is more echo on the vocals, going by the YouTube clip. It may be able only on this CD. It's cheap enough for me to buy and check:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Sou ... se/1911372

Does anyone have this rare 12" from the Philippines? Is there really a Dance Remix of Wishful Thinking?
https://www.ebay.ph/itm/RTS-LP-VINYL-RE ... SwvV1bZI5X

The dance mix of "Wishful Thinking" is just that! I'll wager that's overzealous hype from the Philippine record company. I don't have the "Hanna Hanna" 7" but I do have the video for it on "Showbiz Bizarre," which is definitely censored lyrically. It's funny that two of the singles picked from that album contained the f-bomb. I need to rip it and analyze it.

According to users who have it, this version of Wishful Thinking is indeed extended and does run to 05:15 but it is only the intro that is longer.
https://www.discogs.com/release/8733770 ... l-Thinking
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:41 pm

Someone said Arizona Sky on the 12” is slightly remixed compared to the album version. Can anyone confirm?
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:51 am

humanracer wrote:Someone said Arizona Sky on the 12” is slightly remixed compared to the album version. Can anyone confirm?

I bought the 12" in 1986, but have not played it since the album came out since the cover listed "full-length version." And I assumed it was the LP version. The B-side was a bonus track on the 1986 CD but I kept it because of the free poster included. I'll check tonight.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby moni » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:46 am

humanracer wrote:Someone said Arizona Sky on the 12” is slightly remixed compared to the album version. Can anyone confirm?

I bought that 12 inch at the time and it's the album version that's on it.
moni
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations