Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

China Crisis Re-Issues

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby moni » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 am

omar wrote:Saw that the label is Caroline International. Doesn't Caroline Records put out usually good stuff?

I have a few Julian Cope and Teardrop Explodes reissues that were released on Caroline and the sound is ok though i don't think they even bothered remastering Saint Julian. It's Andy Pearce who is doing these so we will just have to wait and see.
moni
Room at the Top

Postby moni » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:42 am

I hope that's not the final tracklisting as 3 mixes are missing King in A Catholic Style,No More Blue Horizons and African And White :?
moni
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:11 am

moni wrote:I hope that's not the final tracklisting as 3 mixes are missing King in A Catholic Style,No More Blue Horizons and African And White :?

I think some of the tracks look to be wrongly categorised , e.g no more blue horizons seems to be grouped with both the b sides on the original 12" so it could actually be the 12" mix , lets hope so but for the money this looks to be a great set of releases
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby ABOATES » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:09 am

Not being sarcastic here at all guys, just curious...I get the interest in B-sides, live tracks, and even demos...for completists, having every track totally makes sense. But, 12" mixes are often farmed out to DJs and engineers and dance music producers and frequently have nothing to do with the original band. Back in the day, when Depeche Mode were actually involved with their remixes, they occasionally actually came up with something interesting and unique..since then, most 12" remixes have the ubiquitous 4/4 bass drum pattern stop/start vocals w delay on them...IDK do you collect these for completist purposes or do you actually enjoy listening to them? Since I can't stand dance music in general, I guess I just don't have the patience to sit through 10 dance mixes of the same track...esp when the band wasn't even involved. Just my two cents...cool w me if that's your thing I just don't understand it. :-)
ABOATES
Take On Me

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:03 am

ABOATES wrote:Not being sarcastic here at all guys, just curious...I get the interest in B-sides, live tracks, and even demos...for completists, having every track totally makes sense. But, 12" mixes are often farmed out to DJs and engineers and dance music producers and frequently have nothing to do with the original band. Back in the day, when Depeche Mode were actually involved with their remixes, they occasionally actually came up with something interesting and unique..since then, most 12" remixes have the ubiquitous 4/4 bass drum pattern stop/start vocals w delay on them...IDK do you collect these for completist purposes or do you actually enjoy listening to them? Since I can't stand dance music in general, I guess I just don't have the patience to sit through 10 dance mixes of the same track...esp when the band wasn't even involved. Just my two cents...cool w me if that's your thing I just don't understand it. :-)

I can see where you are coming from in some cases but then again the 12" mix can often enhance a track . For example have you ever listened to the 12" version of say hello wave goodbye by soft cell. This keeps the original structure but has that fantastic intro which really makes it a special 12" . Another great example is b-movie nowhere girl

I think I am little like you that I preferred the extended versions in the 80's where the bands were actively involved in the mix and not some of these ones where they are completely butchered and sound nothing like the original song

I suppose in the end it boils down to personal taste and if they treat the remix / extended version with care
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby ABOATES » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:13 am

Of course, and I do not mean in any way to demean what other people are into...to each his own I say. I am a big :zoviet*france: fan...which, if you know who they are, they are super experimental, noise-based ambient sound collage stuff...certainly not many fans of that out there now is there!? :-)
ABOATES
Take On Me

Postby yipyipcoyote » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:35 am

Also Tragedy and Mystery – B-Side could be the 12" mix too
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby Rissan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:14 pm

They have started their onw pledge music site now.

Look at: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/chi ... s-reissues
Rissan
The Jet Set

Postby crichert » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Awesome!! I just placed my order! Excited to hear all of the bonus material! :mrgreen:
crichert
Room at the Top

Postby RevUp64 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:42 am

For those that have preordered via pledge music, they have just released a digital download of a "Fire and Steel"-era demo "It's Never Too Late (Instrumental Demo)."
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

Postby mgidaho » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Just ordered mine; thanks for posting the site! These should be great!
mgidaho
Switchin' to Glide

Postby ABOATES » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:04 am

Great, early CC synth instrumental track. Very nice. Fits perfectly with Dockland, Forever I and I, and Performing Seals.
ABOATES
Take On Me

Postby humanracer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:32 am

It's never too late is going to be on the deluxe remasters anyway so it's not an exclusive.

I hope they include lyrics. Always wondered what they are singing on the chorus of African & White. Is it,

Life is a fever we create
Life is a fever. Is Real
Life is a fever of Israel
Life is a favour of Israel
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Aurelie13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:15 am

WLR wrote::D Not before time! China Crisis are releasing deluxe editions of their first 3 albums, "Difficult Shapes And Passive Rhythms Some People Think It's Fun To Entertain", "Working With Fire And Steel" and "Flaunt The Imperfection", they are 2CD transfers CDG Editions except "Wishful Thinking", which is a 3 Disc Box Set, I can only guess that one of the discs will be a live concert.

Amaazon have them listed for release on September 1st, however, no track listings have been posted yet.

Nice to see these getting the Deluxe treatment.

Good good :D
Aurelie13
Running Up That Hill

Postby RevUp64 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:03 am

I just got a notice from Pledge Music that discs have shipped. No delay!
RevUp64
Switchin' to Glide

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations