Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

China Crisis Re-Issues


Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby humanracer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Saw China Crisis a few weeks ago. They played some rare tracks including It's never too late. Anyway I was chatting with Gary during the break and he said there is a boxset of the Virgin albums, potentially with a DVD, but he isn't sure when it is being released. I guess it's going to be similar to the Heaven 17 boxset. He said What Price Paradise has been remastered, unsure if for the upcoming boxset or not. He said he was happy that the music is being reissued.

By the way, still not convinced there a second 7" mix of African & White. What I think happened is that they did the 12" remix but instead of editing this down for a 7" they just used the original 7" mix.
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:09 am

humanracer wrote:Saw China Crisis a few weeks ago. They played some rare tracks including It's never too late. Anyway I was chatting with Gary during the break and he said there is a boxset of the Virgin albums, potentially with a DVD, but he isn't sure when it is being released. I guess it's going to be similar to the Heaven 17 boxset. He said What Price Paradise has been remastered, unsure if for the upcoming boxset or not. He said he was happy that the music is being reissued.

By the way, still not convinced there a second 7" mix of African & White. What I think happened is that they did the 12" remix but instead of editing this down for a 7" they just used the original 7" mix.


Amazingly good news on the China Crisis front. Those Caroline remasters were great but inconclusive. I guess that this will be like my personal box with the DVD. And I agree with you about the m.i.a. 2nd 7" mix of "African + White. I'd swear you are spot on the money as I have the Inevitable 7" and Virgin 12" singles. The LP mix seems identical to the Inevitable 7" version. I don't have the Virgin 7" but have put it on my want list now to find out.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
User avatar
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:59 am
Location: NC | USA

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby moni » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Hopefully What Price Paradise will be a stand alone release and not just included in a box set with stuff that we already own.
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby humanracer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:47 am

humanracer wrote:Gary Daly will release a collection of demos from the 80s

http://www.electricityclub.co.uk/gary-d ... -landings/

https://www.musicglue.com/gary-daly/pro ... andings-cd


Great news on the Gary Daly demos! As a huge fan of their B-sides I'm sure this will be a vibrant collection of material, even if it was recorded on a lo-fi portastudio.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
User avatar
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:59 am
Location: NC | USA

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby humanracer » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:32 am

Finally got a copy today of the Dutch CD Compilation The Sound of Today Volume 2. It is only digital source of the 7" single remix of Hanna Hanna.
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby oldwaver2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:03 am

OMG! Good!, now you can quit washing your hands 20 times a day.
oldwaver2
Take On Me
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:12 am

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby omar » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:41 am

humanracer wrote:Finally got a copy today of the Dutch CD Compilation The Sound of Today Volume 2. It is only digital source of the 7" single remix of Hanna Hanna.


how is it different from the standard version?
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby postpunkmonk » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 am

omar wrote:
humanracer wrote:Finally got a copy today of the Dutch CD Compilation The Sound of Today Volume 2. It is only digital source of the 7" single remix of Hanna Hanna.


how is it different from the standard version?
Well, I guarantee the F-bomb has been edited out. China Crisis had two hit singles from that album in need of editing for language.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
User avatar
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:59 am
Location: NC | USA

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby schwenko » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:09 pm

postpunkmonk wrote:
omar wrote:
humanracer wrote:Finally got a copy today of the Dutch CD Compilation The Sound of Today Volume 2. It is only digital source of the 7" single remix of Hanna Hanna.


how is it different from the standard version?
Well, I guarantee the F-bomb has been edited out. China Crisis had two hit singles from that album in need of editing for language.


and the 2nd one is?
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:20 pm
Location: USA

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby moni » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Working With Fire And Steel.
moni
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:42 am
Location: Scotland

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby humanracer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:34 am

It's apparently a different mix too. I will convert it to FLAC soon (hint hint)

As a consolation during those difficult times, CC have uploaded an unreleased demo. Newman And Bede was recorded in early 1982.

You can watch the video at the link below. Right click to save the video if you want for archive purposes.
https://mbasic.facebook.com/watch/?v=96 ... 59476&_rdr
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby schwenko » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:36 pm

moni wrote:Working With Fire And Steel.


during live performances Gary has quite the potty mouth :D
Sugoi !!!
schwenko
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 5326
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:20 pm
Location: USA

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby Paulie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:55 am

schwenko wrote:
moni wrote:Working With Fire And Steel.


during live performances Gary has quite the potty mouth :D



He does... which might not be forgivable if he wasn't so feckin' funny!

I saw them play in Leeds three weeks ago, supported by Fiat Lux.

Two fantastic bands and it was just the best night out.
Paulie
Take On Me
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:52 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: China Crisis Re-Issues

Postby humanracer » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:25 am

Question regarding the now rare and out of print Ultimate Crisis CD,

Apart from the short version of Cucumber Garden, does it contain anything else rare? How is the quality?
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
The Jet Set
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dlgladwin, eLeMeNOhPeaQ, Google Adsense [Bot] and 16 guests