Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

BOW WOW WOW - YOUR BOX SET PET ~ THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS

BOW WOW WOW - YOUR BOX SET PET ~ THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS

Postby omar » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:35 pm

3cd clam-shell boxset spanning the band's 1981-84 recordings out May 25th by Cherry Red.

Disc: 1
1. JUNGLE BOY
2. CHIHUAHUA
3. SINNER! SINNER! SINNER! (PRINCE OF DARKNESS)
4. MICKEY PUT IT DOWN
5. I AM A TV SAVAGE
6. ELIMINATION DANCING
7. GOLLY! GOLLY! GO BUDDY
8. KING KONG
9. GO WILD IN THE COUNTRY
10. I AM NOT A KNOW IT ALL
11. WHY ARE BABIES SO WISE
12. ORANG-OUTANG
13. HELLO, HELLO DADDY (I'™LL SACRIFICE YOU)
14. SEE JUNGLE (JUNGLE BOY) (RE-MIX)
15. CHIHUAHUA (12" VERSION)
16. PRINCE OF DARKNESS (SINGLE VERSION)
17. GO WILD IN THE COUNTRY (7")
18. (Iâ™M A) TV SAVAGE (7")
19. ELIMINATION DANCING (NEW VERSION)
20. KING KONG (NEW VERSION)
21. PRINCE OF DARKNESS (12" VERSION)
22. GO WILD IN THE COUNTRY (12" VERSION)
23. SEE JUNGLE (JUNGLE BOY) (RE-MIX)

Disc: 2
1. APHRODISIAC
2. DO YOU WANNA HOLD ME?
3. ROUSTABOUT
4. LONESOME TONIGHT
5. LOVE ME
6. WHATâ™S THE TIME (HEY BUDDY)
7. MARIO (YOUR OWN WAY TO PARADISE)
8. QUIVER (ARROWS IN MY)
9. THE MAN MOUNTAIN
10. RIKKI DEE
11. TOMMY TUCKER
12. LOVE, PEACE AND HARMONY
13. APHRODISIAC (7")
14. DO YOU WANNA HOLD ME (USA VERSION)
15. BIOLOGICAL PHENOMENON
16. LOVE, PEACE AND HARMONY (USA RE-MIX)
17. I WANT CANDY (USA RE-MIX)
18. APHRODISIAC (12")
19. LOVE, PEACE AND HARMONY (USA RE-MIX)
20. WHERE'™S MY SNAKE

Disc: 3
1. C30 C60 C90 GO
2. SUN SEA AND PIRACY
3. LOUIS QUATORZE
4. GOLD HE SAID
5. UOMO-SEX-AL APACHE
6. I WANT MY BABY ON MARS
7. SEXY EIFFEL TOWERS
8. GIANT SIZED BABY THING
9. FOOLS RUSH IN (WHERE ANGELS FEAR TO TREAD)
10. RADIO G STRING
11. W.O.R.K. (N.N. NAH NO! NO! MY DADDY DONT)
12. C-30, C-60, C-90 ANDA!
13. I WANT CANDY (SINGLE VERSION)
14. EL BOSS DICHO
15. BABY, OH NO (SINGLE VERSION)
16. MILE HIGH CLUB (ORIGINAL)
17. LOUIS QUATORZE (RE-RECORD)
18. TEENAGE QUEEN
19. JOY OF EATING RAW FLESH
20. COWBOY
21. BABY, OH NO (REMIX)
22. SEX (INSTRUMENTAL)
23. W.O.R.K. (N.N. NAH NO! NO! MY DADDY DON™T) (SPECIAL REMIXED DISCO VERSION)
24. MILE HIGH CLUB (RE-RECORD)
omar
Room at the Top

Re: BOW WOW WOW - YOUR BOX SET PET ~ THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS

Postby Rubellan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:58 pm

OK, now I'm f*cking pissed off and something is definitely going on. I had requested all 3 Bow Wow Wow titles from Sony last summer; two received quotes and allegedly moved to legal last September while another wasn't even quoted, even after numerous inquiries. I intentionally DID NOT post about this because I didn't need another Altered Images type of theft happening, but I guess it didn't matter. It's clear that someone at Sony is sharing details about my requests and Cherry Red are being given first crack. I've been told the legal process runs about a few months but no one could give me an answer why mine were stuck for over 6 months, and now with this announcement it's clear. Cherry Red is playing vicious and trying to corner the reissue market, and they clearly have support from someone at Sony with this dirty practice. Am I seriously supposed to believe that the two bands that I requested full catalog reissues of after more than a decade of being out of print are suddenly being reissued in the same time frame of my planned reissues but mine ended up stuck in alleged legal limbo for more than half a year? I'm calling bullshit, and I just emailed all of my contacts at Sony, including the VP of Sales, about this situation. This is not right and I'm sure Cherry Red is going to f*ck this up just like they did the Altered Images box.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Scott,

I would care if you had better musical taste. We don't need more BWW. Like AI, they had a few good songs (far fewer than AI) and, in both cases, we are flooded by tons of dross in addition. This track list is, by any reasonable standard, atrociously excessive. Yeah we really need this shite band's Sex (Instrumental) on CD.

Nuff said, and I'm going to buy your Altered Images thing.

P.S. Cherry Red isn't all bad. Their recent 7 CD Fall A&B side retro is excellent. That's a band that deserves this kind of treatment.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:59 am

Last edited by Rubellan on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Sean » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:13 pm

I would pay $30 for an Altered Images "Collected Images" CD/DVD.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 am

Scott i'd think that you have most of our support here on this forum and we'd eagerly buy your cds considering how much time and effort you put in the correct stuff. It's a shame that labels like Cherry Red and Edsel will put out stuff often without realizing correct mixes and edits knowing that the casual fan won't notice or care.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Willbfree » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:05 am

Barmy wrote:Scott,

I would care if you had better musical taste. We don't need more BWW. Like AI, they had a few good songs (far fewer than AI) and, in both cases, we are flooded by tons of dross in addition. This track list is, by any reasonable standard, atrociously excessive. Yeah we really need this shite band's Sex (Instrumental) on CD.

Your negativity tests the boundaries of getting banned with every other rude post out of your mouth.

Stop attacking Scott and stop being a "shite", please.
Willbfree
Take On Me

Postby Sean » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:19 am

This Bow Wow Wow set does look really cool though.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Barmy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:55 pm

I'm fine with being banned. But Scott and I understand each other so...whatever.

I'm merely remarking on this ridiculous obsession with completeness. My animus toward 7" versions is well documented. Just scanning this trackless is laughable. The (re-record)s are no doubt ESSENTIAL.

The very idea of 3 CDs of BWW seems silly. They could have a great 1 CD reissue.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Bellenger1981 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:51 am

I don't think the idea of 3 discs of Bow Wow Wow is ridiculous at all. This collection is supposedly complete. It's a great way to collect it all in one package. I love the idea of 7" and 12" mixes.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:59 am

My big worry here is that the 2CD version of See Jungle… Cherry Red put out a few years ago has diabolical sound quality, especially on the main album itself. If they are using the same crappy source for this set then I’ll definitely pass.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:44 pm

I just wish someone would explain to me why, if they like the album mix, they need the 7" mix. I understand that 12" mixes can be extended crap (and any extensions of BWW are likely to be crap), but, really, isn't a 7" mix totally superfluous to the album version?
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Aevion93 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:02 am

Barmy wrote:I just wish someone would explain to me why, if they like the album mix, they need the 7" mix. I understand that 12" mixes can be extended crap (and any extensions of BWW are likely to be crap), but, really, isn't a 7" mix totally superfluous to the album version?

Guess it depends. Sometimes 7" versions are radically different, and occasionally better than the original. Sometimes they may be the version one has grown up with and prefers. Sometimes it's just to be complete. And sometimes one could like both versions. Everyone has a reason.

A personal example for me would be the 7" version of "Strangelove" by Depeche Mode. I love both versions for their differences; the 7" version being an up-tempo number and the album version being a bit darker and much slower. Works for different moods. To me they're almost different songs. Not a very new wave example but it's the first one that came to mind.

I think by now, everyone in this forum is well aware of your explicit dislike of 7" versions. Fair enough, each to their own and you're entitled to speak your opinion. But others, like myself, are actually interested in these and we are well within our right to.

I also don't think it's very fair of you to criticise others and their tastes in music. Everyone likes different things, and I'm sure there's stuff you like that nobody else does. I'm a bit confused as to whether you're deliberately trying to stir people up or you just can't keep it to yourself. Care to elaborate?
Aevion93
Take On Me

Postby Bellenger1981 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Aevion93 wrote:
Barmy wrote:I just wish someone would explain to me why, if they like the album mix, they need the 7" mix. I understand that 12" mixes can be extended crap (and any extensions of BWW are likely to be crap), but, really, isn't a 7" mix totally superfluous to the album version?

Guess it depends. Sometimes 7" versions are radically different, and occasionally better than the original. Sometimes they may be the version one has grown up with and prefers. Sometimes it's just to be complete. And sometimes one could like both versions. Everyone has a reason.

A personal example for me would be the 7" version of "Strangelove" by Depeche Mode. I love both versions for their differences; the 7" version being an up-tempo number and the album version being a bit darker and much slower. Works for different moods. To me they're almost different songs. Not a very new wave example but it's the first one that came to mind.

I think by now, everyone in this forum is well aware of your explicit dislike of 7" versions. Fair enough, each to their own and you're entitled to speak your opinion. But others, like myself, are actually interested in these and we are well within our right to.

I also don't think it's very fair of you to criticise others and their tastes in music. Everyone likes different things, and I'm sure there's stuff you like that nobody else does. I'm a bit confused as to whether you're deliberately trying to stir people up or you just can't keep it to yourself. Care to elaborate?

Well, you nailed it, Aevion93.

In my music collection, I have hundreds of songs in which I prefer the 7" mixes/versions over the album versions. It's usually because they are remixed and sound better, in my opinion (i.e. "Voices Carry [Single Mix]" by 'Til Tuesday). Sometimes the single versions are longer than the album versions (i.e. "Sometimes a Fantasy" by Billy Joel). Other times the single versions are completely new recordings (i.e. "Two Tickets to Paradise" by Eddie Money). Then again, sometimes the songs are just edited for length and perhaps work better as shorter versions (i.e. "White Wedding [Single Version]" by Billy Idol). Often, it's these edited versions that we grew up hearing on the radio, and we like to have them in our collections, as in my case. I like having everything - album versions, single versions, b-sides, non-album tracks, remixes, and 12" versions - because I'm a collector and a huge fan of music. I understand, too, that most people could care less about single versions or 12" mixes. That's why we are all different kinds of music fans. We all like different things.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:59 pm

I always liked it when artists such as the Pet Shop Boys and Frankie Goes To Hollywood would release 7” mixes to make them all the more appealing.
omar
Room at the Top

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations