Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

VISAGE Deluxe Edition on the way!

Re: VISAGE Deluxe Edition on the way!

Postby humanracer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:11 am

Rubellan wrote:The tracklisting is approximately 78 minutes and is as follows. Again, all newly remastered specifically for this release. Oh, and I did attempt to contact Rusty Egan to see if he would be interested in being involved. His response made it very clear he has absolutely no interest in participating:

1. Visage
2. Blocks on Blocks
3. The Dancer
4. Tar
5. Fade to Grey
6. Malpaso Man
7. Mind of a Toy
8. Moon Over Moscow
9. Visa-age
10. The Steps

Bonus Tracks:
11. We Move
12. Fade to Grey (Dance Mix)
13. Mind of a Toy (Dance Mix)
14. Visage (Dance Mix)
15. We Move (Dance Mix)
16. Frequency 7 (Dance Mix)
17. Second Steps

No room for the standard version of Frequency? Will this be the first time the Dance Mixes have been on CD?
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 am

Theme song from Marvel's Runaways by Siddhartha Khosla. Sound familiar?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA9OxUNi3O4
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:30 am

Nice track list Scott. I’m just so glad this is happening. Just wondering if you’d do a special remix of one of the tracks just like you did with Pretty In Pink. I’d love to see a Rubellan remix of Moon Over Moscow.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 am

humanracer wrote:No room for the standard version of Frequency? Will this be the first time the Dance Mixes have been on CD?

The short version of Frequency 7 was not released on Polydor, so it wasn't an option. The Dance Mixes have been scattered across various CD's or available on extremely compressed CD's. But this is the first time all era related Polydor material will be collected on one edition of the album. If this CD does well, I do have a plan to request other never before on CD material, but a proper deluxe version of the debut has been sorely lacking.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:53 am

omar wrote:Nice track list Scott. I’m just so glad this is happening. Just wondering if you’d do a special remix of one of the tracks just like you did with Pretty In Pink. I’d love to see a Rubellan remix of Moon Over Moscow.

The Pretty In Pink mix came by combining parts of all 4 versions of the song into one sort of Promo mix. Other Rubellan Remixes came from having multiple versions, extended or instrumental, that allowed me to put together my own mix. To my knowledge, there is only one version of Moon over Moscow. But I will likely be creating a short promo video for the release like I have or have planned for all of my others.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:19 am

I just hope Cherry Red doesn't rush release a version of this now....
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby df118 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Rubellan wrote:The tracklisting is approximately 78 minutes and is as follows. Again, all newly remastered specifically for this release. Oh, and I did attempt to contact Rusty Egan to see if he would be interested in being involved. His response made it very clear he has absolutely no interest in participating:

1. Visage
2. Blocks on Blocks
3. The Dancer
4. Tar
5. Fade to Grey
6. Malpaso Man
7. Mind of a Toy
8. Moon Over Moscow
9. Visa-age
10. The Steps

Bonus Tracks:
11. We Move
12. Fade to Grey (Dance Mix)
13. Mind of a Toy (Dance Mix)
14. Visage (Dance Mix)
15. We Move (Dance Mix)
16. Frequency 7 (Dance Mix)
17. Second Steps

Why not contact Midge Ure. I've waited for a special edition for so long...and this seems (no offence) just a litle too vanilla. All of these are available digitally. There was the special dance album as well as the obvious missing tracks (2525, Freq 7, Visage 7") and possible raities. They must be in the vaults somewhere.
df118
Take On Me

Postby Rubellan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:02 pm

I sent a message to Midge at the same time I sent one to Rusty. Not sure if anything will come of it. This collects everything, aside from single versions, released on Polydor for the debut album. We can all speculate about what "could" be buried in a vault somewhere, but often times we're lucky if all the masters for released material can be located. The Dance Mix album is already under consideration for the future.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Rubellan wrote:I sent a message to Midge at the same time I sent one to Rusty. Not sure if anything will come of it. This collects everything, aside from single versions, released on Polydor for the debut album. We can all speculate about what "could" be buried in a vault somewhere, but often times we're lucky if all the masters for released material can be located. The Dance Mix album is already under consideration for the future.

what is the dance mix album? can't find it on discogs? is it more than the 5 dance mixes here?
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:59 pm

humanracer wrote:
Rubellan wrote:I sent a message to Midge at the same time I sent one to Rusty. Not sure if anything will come of it. This collects everything, aside from single versions, released on Polydor for the debut album. We can all speculate about what "could" be buried in a vault somewhere, but often times we're lucky if all the masters for released material can be located. The Dance Mix album is already under consideration for the future.

what is the dance mix album? can't find it on discogs? is it more than the 5 dance mixes here?

This is the Dance Mix album. It was a limited edition LP released in 1983 when the original singles collection was released. It contains some of the mixes on my upcoming release, some other original 12" mixes, and some exclusive mixes. Each song on the album segues into the next: https://www.discogs.com/Visage-Fade-To- ... ase/308034
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:04 am

Scott, pleasу ensure that dance mix of Frequency 7 is included fully - all of the officially released versions have the last handclap sound cut off for some reason. The full version is on some not very known compilation which is kind of irritating. Pity the original couldn't be included, though.

Please consider doing "The Anvil", too :)

By the way, did Rusty give his reasons for not participating? I can kind of understand him, but sill it would've been a nice gesture...
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby Rubellan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:10 am

Passing_Stranger wrote:Scott, pleasу ensure that dance mix of Frequency 7 is included fully - all of the officially released versions have the last handclap sound cut off for some reason. The full version is on some not very known compilation which is kind of irritating. Pity the original couldn't be included, though.

Please consider doing "The Anvil", too :)

By the way, did Rusty give his reasons for not participating? I can kind of understand him, but sill it would've been a nice gesture...

I will make sure those hand claps are there.
Rusty's response to me consisted of seven capital letters (---- ---). I'll leave it at that.
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby Bellenger1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Passing_Stranger wrote:Please consider doing "The Anvil", too :)

Yes, I would love a deluxe of "The Anvil", too!
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby humanracer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Regarding Rusty, this interview might explain things

http://www.electricityclub.co.uk/rusty-egan-speaks-out/
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby postpunkmonk » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:51 am

Rusty seems to be kind of a jerk about Visage. I know Steve probably burned him badly, but Steve's dead and he could rise above things. Midge would be a great asset to have liner notes from - I hope he responds. I'd always hoped for a 2xCD DLX RM of this title, but licensing is a bear with the WEA single, I know. I will definitely be buying it, possibly in bulk for gift giving as well, so thumbs up, Scott. I know the mastering will be in good hands.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations