Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Heaven 17-Before and After

Heaven 17-Before and After

Postby schwenko » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:53 am

This is the new Heaven 17 album, finished on Sept 11, 2001.
I picked up a used copy in a Greenwich Village record shop 3 or so months ago; it's quite good!
However, evidently it hasn't been officially released, and won't be until Sept 2005. People on the Human League Yahoo Group have doubted that I really have it!
Anyone else who can comment?
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby skinnytie » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:15 pm

I was in Bleeker Bob's about 3 months ago, Schwenko, and I did see a Heaven 17 CD there that looked like it was a new studio release. All I remember about the cover was that it was very colorful. They wanted too much for it, though, so I passed. Is it any good?
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:51 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by skinnytie[/i]
<br>I was in Bleeker Bob's about 3 months ago, Schwenko, and I did see a Heaven 17 CD there that looked like it was a new studio release. All I remember about the cover was that it was very colorful. They wanted too much for it, though, so I passed. Is it any good?
[/quote]

That's where I bought the cd; they musthave scored a few of them. The cover is half white-half bright green. The music is quite tuneful, and not at all funky, ala Fascist Groove Thang.
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:37 am

Here's a link to their website,where you can listen to samples of the songs from the new album:

http://www.heaven17.com/news.html
schwenko
Room at the Top

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations