Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Share: The Lotus Eaters (Single Mixes) - FLAC

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Share: The Lotus Eaters (Single Mixes) - FLAC

Postby synth_kaden » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 am

These are from a bootleg CD and in great quality. Here is the tracklist:

German Girl (Extended Version)
You Don't Need Someone New (12" Mix)
Set Me Apart (Original Version)
Can You Keep A Secret (Extended Remix)
The First Picture Of You (12" Mix)
On Your Own (12" Version)
German Girl (Gasbow Mix)
You Don't Need Someone New (Charleston Mix)
Set Me Apart (Instrumental)
German Girl (12" Dance Mix)

According to Discogs, the German Girl, Can You Keep A Secret, and You Fill Me With Need mixes were never released on or as singles. Does anyone know where they might have come from?

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!Zc9imaoZ!ZyC1j1eAr ... cNzlm5uP6w
synth_kaden
Switchin' to Glide

Postby chicagoboyrn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks for the share. German Girl & The First Picture of You were very popular in my homeland, Philippines!
chicagoboyrn
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Magnum-Truth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:32 pm

[quote]Originally posted by synth_kaden
[br]These are from a bootleg CD and in great quality.

According to Discogs, the German Girl, Can You Keep A Secret, and You Fill Me With Need mixes were never released on or as singles. Does anyone know where they might have come from?
[/quote]

Probably from this guys basement
http://www.discogs.com/user/musica66

Fairly well know bootlegger that operated on e-bay for years from South America, Selling a lot of the same type of things under the ProSonic Label name or a variation of it ...... maybe working out of the Philippines currently. (I don't know for sure)It was a while ago when I had last looked.

Myself & Some friends of mine have had our suspicions who he is "among us" in some of the different music communities that I have belonged to .. and that "other members" "here and at other places" have belonged to in the past.

There is mention of him in a rather lengthy thread at discogs about his activities there posting (all be-it maybe accurate information about these bootleg compilations) However that's not all that hard to do when your are the one making them. With 410 contributed releases there,(at discogs) I don't think he has ever posted a single official release and ...Oh!! ... Wouldn't you know it, he's always got one for sale after he lists / submits it. For a while at least, and I do not know if they have been deleted since, he would leave his contact information in the review section, on the submissions he posted.

On e-bay some of the reviews for his sales were hilarious, most of the dub-ers would thank him for his great service. The ones that knew they got screwed would be pissed. One of his gimmicks was claiming all of his stuff was "silver sealed" (meaning it had never been opened and brand new ) and confusing that with "silver pressed". (meaning it was a real C.D.) from a factory.

Those same mixes can be found here as well.
http://www.discogs.com/Lotus-Eaters-12- ... se/3255929
Magnum-Truth
Personal Jesus

Postby synth_kaden » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Yes, it is from that same compilation from musica66. I've emailed him a few times, he's sent me his catalog (which is incredible, by the way). He seems like a pretty nice guy, and the Lotus Eaters compilation is great quality.

It seems rather hypocritical of you to dislike him for bootlegging, considering how you are sharing/downloading copyrighted material on this site. He at least remasters and compiles the CDs, which I would gladly pay him to do. He said that his affiliate has been a DJ for years and I can assume he has probably got a lot of promotional/unreleased material through him.
synth_kaden
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Magnum-Truth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:48 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by synth_kaden[/i]
<br> I've emailed him a few times, he's sent me his catalog [/quote]

I guess his promotions work.

<br>
It seems rather hypocritical of you to dislike him for bootlegging,
[/quote]

I never said anything good or bad about him personally. If I had anything against him personally it's that he pollutes the great research data base of diccogs with a lot of crap as a means of selling his bootlegs.

You asked where they came from and I told you. Seems you might have already known before you asked.
Magnum-Truth
Personal Jesus

Postby synth_kaden » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the intent of your post :) I did know the mixes came from his compilation, but I was wondering if anyone knew where they were *originally* from.

What do you mean though that his "promotions work"? You still sound a bit wary or suspicious of him :P
synth_kaden
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Magnum-Truth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm

<br>Sorry, I must have misunderstood the intent of your post :) I did know the mixes came from his compilation, but I was wondering if anyone knew where they were *originally* from.
[/quote]

With modern audio editing software you can make anything nowadays all you have to do is browse the w.w.w. and places like "here" wait till someone who "really owns something" uploads a nice clean copy, preferably in a loss-less format and re-edit it to anything you like.

There is really no tractability as to where it came from anymore unless you have real fans and places "like this" that can point out that's not the real thing and spot out the fakes that do not date back to the original versions. On most of the stuff he sells ... he claims they are "rare versions" ..... that's just a sales pitch. there is a big difference between "new" and "rare".
Magnum-Truth
Personal Jesus

Postby synth_kaden » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:44 pm

So you think he just "faked" those remixes and made his own? Or do you mean he just collects tracks that other people upload to sites like this?
synth_kaden
Switchin' to Glide

Postby chicagoboyrn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 am

There used to be a seller on eBay who was selling When in Rome More Than 12" Collection, Industry Stranger to Stranger, Seona Dancing Album, Two Minds Crack album and among others.

He always have out of this world collection of CD. The sound is great as well and you wouldn't think it was a bootleg at all. I wonder if this is the same guy using a different name.
I think he was banned on eBay for selling bootlegs.
chicagoboyrn
Switchin' to Glide

Postby magnum » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:16 am

<br>

It seems rather hypocritical of you to dislike him for bootlegging, considering how you are sharing/downloading copyrighted material on this site. He at least remasters and compiles the CDs, which I would gladly pay him to do.
[/quote]

I also never had a problem buying from him,got 5 CDs from him approx 7years ago for roughly £20 for the lot which featured hard to find mixes [back then they were],plus dj remix services mixes,etc.In decent quality which i thought was more than reasonable.

here was his ebay username - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/galenmusicar

All of which i shared on previous forums,inevitably there were those who would bitch and complain that they were not an official release when i posted them back at the time[but those same people would hypocriticly post DMC,Matermix mixes on the same forum],some people seem to have nothing better to do but be fascinated about bitching about anything and everything.

http://magnum71mixes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://soundcloud.com/magnum71

http://soundcloud.com/magnum1971

http://soundcloud.com/71magnum

"Gregg is sat right down waiting for the gift of SOUND and vision - coz he can't tell the difference between different mixes"
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby chicagoboyrn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 am

I'm with you magnum. Not an issue to me whether an album is bootleg or not. In fact, i'm glad to get those hard to find remixes, unreleased tracks, etc. as long as the sound quality is great.

The eBay seller i was talking about has a username: zappppppp (not sure about number of P's) He said he was living in Japan but actually shipping CDs from the Philippines.

Anyone who likes new wave music couldn't possibly missed him on eBay because he was the only one selling those albums i mentioned from my previous post.
chicagoboyrn
Switchin' to Glide

Postby synth_kaden » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:42 am

Well, if anyone is interested in buying from him (and I mean this in the most non-promotional way possible--only trying to help if you are interested in getting his compilations), his email is here: musica66@hotmail.co.uk

His catalog really is incredibly huge, and I may or may not be suggesting you share stuff you get from him :P
synth_kaden
Switchin' to Glide

Re: Share: The Lotus Eaters (Single Mixes) - FLAC

Postby bibit » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi,

just now (a lot since you wrote this post) i could find these fantastic Lotus Eaters remixes in FLAC!!! I really appreciate your upload but I have to ask one question: you mention the song 'You Fill Me With Need (Remix)' but it looks like there no trace in your uploaded zip file.
I know it's in the bootleg you mention (The 12" Collection) and I know you didn't put in your zip file the songs that everyone can find in 'No Sense Of Sin' CD... but I really miss 'You Fill Me With Need (Remix) in FLAC.

so I was wondering if you could upload that song too..

Many thanks in advance
I could reply to your favour with something of my collection (just ask)

Fabrizio
bibit
Running Up That Hill

Postby AJWAVE » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Is there a chance to get the missing FLAC tracks on this compilation?
STRANGER SO FAR ("The First Picture Of You" b-side)
YOU FILL ME WITH NEED (Remix)

Thanks in advance

Julio

PD: my little contribution on this post; a custom CD cover of the 12" Collection: Booklet (front and back), and tray (front and back). Only for NWO personal use. I think it's more nice than the discogs pics. Sadly still missing the 2 aforementioned tracks. :cry:
http://we.tl/4saeAcOvtV

The files will expire on april 23th
Are you going to start screwing over Redo like you screwed over MSK with your endless requests? what an idiot you turned out to be MATT
AJWAVE
Room at the Top

Postby synth_kaden » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Unfortunately I misspoke when I made my first post; the "You Fill Me With Need" included on that compilation is the album version, not a single remix. Here is the entire CD compilation in FLAC, as I received it: https://mega.co.nz/#!g8Zw1SCJ!-1nRTSI86 ... BPnYuHpM-Q

Disclaimer: A lot of the tracks are brickwalled. And all are louder than the "No Sense Of Sin" 2010 reissue. The quality varies from great to bad-vinyl-rip.
synth_kaden
Switchin' to Glide

Next

Return to Obscure 80s Central