Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Police - De do do do de da da da '86

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

The Police - De do do do de da da da '86

Postby ROXYMUZAK » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:59 am

Hi guys... I'm rediscovering the Police discography these days, and suddenly I realised that I don't have in my collection this song in its 1986 version... anyone could give me a link on ebay or amazon for a cd where I could find it?
ROXYMUZAK
Switchin' to Glide

Re: The Police - De do do do de da da da '86

Postby obs » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 pm

I can confirm that it's on the SACD, SACD layer only.
https://www.discogs.com/release/3683765

According to Wiki, it's on the DTS-CD, as well.

If you haven't heard it, check it out on YouTube. I love both 86 versions, but I'm not much of a Police fan. It's funny, I bought the SACD and didn't realize the 86 of De Do existed. I didn't have an SACD player at the time, but bought it because it was priced the same as a CD. Years later, I read about this version ... I think when reading about the history of the Police ... and by then, I did own an SACD player. It's a shame that they never did a full album of remakes. In any case, you either love both or hate both.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:11 pm

if you want to hear it.

posted it awhile ago here,
http://www.nwoutpost.com/forum/viewtopi ... lit=police

have to dig it out again, or maybe you can request for a repost.

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby obs » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:06 am

Here you go, FLAC, from SACD. 96kHz, 24bit, 5.1
https://go4up.com/dl/6788e7c8f60b88

1fichier, Openload, Uploadrocket, and Uptobox are usually fast. No whiners, please. I recommend Jdownloader, which runs on Java.

(Funny, my reply years ago is pretty much the same as the one now :D .)
obs
Room at the Top

Postby MarcD » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:36 am

obs wrote: I'm not much of a Police fan.

I like some of their music, but don't really LOVE it, know what I mean?

"King Of Pain" and "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" are my favorite police songs.
MarcD
Take On Me

Postby eddie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:11 pm

obs wrote:It's a shame that they never did a full album of remakes. In any case, you either love both or hate both.

It's really not, all three are truly awful (there's a third song if you happened to be in the right place at the right time in 1986). The plan was to re-record a whole album full of new versions of old songs but that fell apart when stewart was injured falling from his horse at the beginning of the sessions and was unable to drum and all the old tensions re-appeared. Maybe with new songs they could have stuck it out as Stewart told me during a long conversation in 1985 that he expected to be touring with the police in 1987 but as Andy said 'sting had no intention of using new material on the police'. Though there was certainly enough in the three Amnesty benefit shows in 1986 to suggest a second phase was a viable option. The first show in Atlanta was badly misjudged in terms of set list and they were under rehearsed but the second show in chicago was one of the best you'd ever see/hear from them. Andy again believed that they would record new material during or after the 2007 part of the reunion but Sting's writers block put paid to that although a lot of the soundchecks had ideas that could have been interesting if explored further.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Postby obs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:54 am

I don't like the originals, but I think the 86 of the two released are great. So there. :D Besides, like "they" always say, just because someone releases something, it doesn't mean you have to buy it or listen to it.

Funny that you bumped this thread now, since I listened to the two 86 versions a week ago, after putting them away for a year or two.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby FreeWave » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Whoa this exists? Not needed ....on par with Sting's solo live jazz-rock versions of Police songs in 86 as well. :(
My Weblinks. Check out the Synthwave Styles Blog and RYM Box Set Blog for even more Genre Guides. NWO's and My New Wave Favorites.
FreeWave
Personal Jesus

Postby musfan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks Obs, didn't know this existed!
musfan
Personal Jesus

Return to General New Wave & '80s Discussions