Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Altered Images 4 x CD box set

Re: Altered Images 4 x CD box set

Postby eighties » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 am

Rubellan wrote:
eighties wrote:
Rubellan wrote:I've got the artwork half done.

Let me know if you need any help with cover art and clean up.
I restore and manipulate photographs digitally for a living.

Example cover scan: https://www.discogs.com/Altered-Images- ... ase/402680

Thanks for the offer. I did already do high res scans and restorations of all my sleeves months ago. In anticipation of this, I've been working ahead of myself. I'm about done with my full artwork for the 2 titles I licensed from Warners. They are looking for masters now. Those are definitely going to be the first ones coming from my label. Nearly a full year with Sony and still nothing finalized. Still waiting if they will allow me to see the inventory list of video titles for this release.

Thank you for restoring the cover art. It is a shame that many reissues don't.
Blancmange on Edsel, for example, had a second chance when they released the The Blanc Tapes.
Unfortunately they used the same atrocious unrestored cover art from the earlier reissues.
Why? It's not difficult or expensive to make things right.
All the best,
eighties
eighties
Personal Jesus

Postby Willbfree » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Don't tell what title you've chosen for your comp (since someone might steal it), but in reference to the video portion, I humbly suggest the (obvious) "Flickering Images".
Willbfree
Take On Me

Postby djKLANGkrieg » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Scott Davieson wrote:This includes opening notes on a few tracks being lopped off and early fades on many songs cutting off 3-5 seconds earlier than they should.

That's my number one complaint when it comes to the way CDs are mastered. What's the big rush anyway?

Willbfree wrote:Fading down an existing fade-down is an amateur way to hide tape hiss. That someone doesn't care does not mean it is proper. There is a responsibility in the caretaking of music, to make sure that what you are passing down through history is not altered. Losing the beginnings and endings of songs is akin to losing the edges of a painting or photograph - it shows a lack of respect for the original, and a lack of character in the one who did it.

Agreed! I'd rather hear some clicks at the end and have the whole song. Hell, if I want, I can even go in Cool Edit and fix them myself (if it's not too bad) and make my own improved CDs.

So Rubellan, whatever you do, when you make your CDs, no early fade outs please. (And from what I've read - we won't have any problems. :D )
djKLANGkrieg
Switchin' to Glide

Postby humanracer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Not really a fan of this group but each to their own. I love King and many people hate them.

By the way, there is lots of AI bootlegs on DIME at the moment.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:12 pm

humanracer wrote:Not really a fan of this group but each to their own. I love King and many people hate them.

I love KING and even considered doing a CD+DVD for them in the future, cleaning up some of the neglected U.S. 12" mixes and such, but seeing how costly and difficult the AI project has been, that would not be anytime soon.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Rubellan wrote:
humanracer wrote:Not really a fan of this group but each to their own. I love King and many people hate them.

I love KING and even considered doing a CD+DVD for them in the future, cleaning up some of the neglected U.S. 12" mixes and such, but seeing how costly and difficult the AI project has been, that would not be anytime soon.[/quote
omar
Room at the Top

Postby omar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Scott maybe you could post some of those King remixes on your YouTube channel please?
omar
Room at the Top

Postby humanracer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:40 am

Rubellan wrote:

I love KING and even considered doing a CD+DVD for them in the future, cleaning up some of the neglected U.S. 12" mixes and such, but seeing how costly and difficult the AI project has been, that would not be anytime soon.

Scott, do you know the state of the masters for the US/Promo King mixes? Would Cherry Red consider doing a "remixes and rarities" collection to round up the missing stuff?
I believe you helped with the tracklisting for the CR reissue of Steps in Time. If so, thanks for including stuff not found on the previous reissue. Smart move.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby xymox970 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:37 am

Love most of the Altered Images Bite material and some earlier stuff and by no means a huge fan of this band.
But cant help reacting to the review of the new box set.

Fade out songs early and ESPECIALLY cutting off beginnings of songs is totally unacceptable IMHO.
I cannot believe that this can officially be released just like that in this day and age.

And I really dont care who you are or what you musical preference is, but if you truly love music in any sincere way,
I dont think you can honestly believe that this is acceptable.
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:37 pm

omar wrote:Scott maybe you could post some of those King remixes on your YouTube channel please?

I don't have any of those U.S. mixes in my collection at the moment. My hope was just to pull from masters if I ever got to that point.

humanracer wrote:Scott, do you know the state of the masters for the US/Promo King mixes? Would Cherry Red consider doing a "remixes and rarities" collection to round up the missing stuff? I believe you helped with the tracklisting for the CR reissue of Steps in Time. If so, thanks for including stuff not found on the previous reissue. Smart move.

No idea regarding the masters. They've likely been sitting in the vault for decades untouched. I've not been involved with a Cherry Red project for nearly a decade (bad falling out, courtesy of a bad project manager. The dirt was posted here back in the day when he showed up and started drama when I shared the reason why I "resigned" from working with the label any further.) I was totally involved with the Bitter Sweet reissue, suggesting the project, track listing and doing some of the sleeve scans and the remastering. Even had a very brief correspondence with Paul King at the time. I was not involved with CR at the time of the Steps In Time reissue, though they did send me a freebie copy. I would have made it a double covering everything.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Postby djKLANGkrieg » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:46 am

Rubellan wrote:Happy Birthday: All the main album tracks are just taken off the previous Edsel CD. Of the bonus tracks, ‘Leave Me Alone’ (cassette version) suffered the fate yet again of having the opening note lopped off as it was on the original 1992 Best Of CD.

I compared these two tracks, and the opening note of Leave Me Alone (Cassette Version) on the 1992 Best of CD is indeed cut off, but not the one on The Epic Years; it's fine.
djKLANGkrieg
Switchin' to Glide

Postby magnum » Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 am

no demo's on it??
magnum
The Jet Set

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations