Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Howard Jones re-issues

Howard Jones re-issues

Postby cork » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm

According to Howard Jones Facebook page:

In the latest issue of Classic Pop Magazine it was revealed that Howard's new label Cherry Red Records will be releasing 'new super boxsets' of Humans Lib and Dream Into Action. The new box sets will be 'loaded with unheard rarities (audio and visual) and comprehensive sleeve notes from Anil Prasad
cork
Personal Jesus

Re: Howard Jones re-issues

Postby omar » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:04 pm

These were announced last or so when he signed with cherry red. Each album would be reissued separately with all the remixes and stuff like on the box sets.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby negative1 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 am

i haven't started to compile howard jones tracks.

i do have some of the box sets and various 12 inches from those albums.

anybody want to guess what tracks and mixes are out there, and demos
and promo mixes too?

later
negative1
Room at the Top

Postby audiodile » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am

My question is, are there really any unreleased mixes and versions not contained on the box sets, with the exception of the Look Mama extended mix which was a download?

I'll probably only get these if they have versions never released on CD before.
audiodile
Take On Me

Postby eddie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:26 am

audiodile wrote:My question is, are there really any unreleased mixes and versions not contained on the box sets, with the exception of the Look Mama extended mix which was a download?

I'll probably only get these if they have versions never released on CD before.

don't know about mixes as I have zero interest in them and edits but i'd guess we're talking at the very least: the tape howard sold on the china crisis support tour (god knows which box mine is in), plus the live discs issued to fan club members, the live single that came with the what is love 12 inch, other assorted live bsides along the way, the radio one sessions and other bbc radio appearances eg don't always look at the rain on saturday live or sequence or whatever it was called, at least one extra version of what is love (demo?). All of which I have nice and safely digitised from my copies.
Fuck's sake mate how do you manage all those usernames on guitars101 and greasy lake?
eddie
The Jet Set

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations