Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

VISAGE Deluxe Edition on the way!

Re: VISAGE Deluxe Edition on the way!

Postby Sean » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 pm

That's quite an impressive tracklisting Thunderbird2.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby Passing_Stranger » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm

moni wrote:When Visage released that The Wild Life (The Best Of Extended Versions And Remixes) a few years back he was moaning and telling people not to buy it because it was a fake Visage as he put it.

But he's right, it's not real Visage. Who needs modern re-recordings instead of a real thing? It was done simply to grab Steve Strange (and nobody else) some money. And they actually tried to pass it as a real thing, not telling that it were new versions until somebody got wind of it. Knowing how Strange behaved during preparations for the last Visage reboot, this wasn't suprirising and I can understand Rusty completely.

As for his rudeness, he's long known to be temperamental and veering off course frequently. It's not really an excuse to not behave, but at the same time not unexpectable and understandable.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby magnum » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:18 am

Would have liked to have seen a few rare gems on this demos etc.....but i guess these were not available.
magnum
The Jet Set

Postby humanracer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:21 am

I think Rusty Egan must have been on Wikipedia...

The discography of the British new wave band Visage consists of five studio albums, six compilation albums (including an E.P.) and numerous singles. Formed in 1978, the band released their first single "Tar" on the short-lived Radar Records label in 1979, before signing to Polydor Records in 1980. Their second single, "Fade To Grey", was released soon afterwards and became an international hit. After several personnel changes, the group disbanded in 1985,{ The Band NEVER reformed . Visage made 3 Studio Albums } but a new line-up emerged in the 2000s, again led by vocalist Steve Strange. In 2013, the band released a new album, Hearts and Knives, their first for 29 years. The following year, the band released Orchestral, a live album featuring various classic Visage songs remade with a symphony orchestra. The band's final studio album, Demons to Diamonds, was released in November 2015 (released posthumously following Strange's death in February that year). Midge Ure Barry Adamson Dave Formula Rusty Egan all have released albums none joined the reformed Visage.
Life’s what you make it
humanracer
The Jet Set

Postby Rubellan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 am

I've got the audio for the Visage album completed and submitted to Universal. I've also given them the first draft of the artwork for initial review. I think people will really be pleased by this new remaster. The original tapes were in great condition but the side 1 tracks always sounded a bit dull compared to the side 2 tracks, and that was confirmed by the masters. I've got everything sounding pretty consistent at this point.
Scott @ Rubellan Remasters
www.rubellanremasters.com
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations