Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Secession on CD

Secession on CD

Postby swerve » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:33 am

I just received word below from Secession's manager ( Hamish ) who was involved in releasing Peter Thomson ( from Secession ) on vinyl recently the following:

There will be a CD compilation including the back catalog.

Hamish Brown

No specifics but let's hope it's all inclusive spanning multiple discs.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Re: Secession on CD

Postby thunderbird2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:02 am

Really hope this comes off and it gets the treatment it deserves , what with this and Fiat Lux saying they are confident that their old material will see the light of day this year 2019 is looking good . Just need B-Movie to bring out a comprehensive compilation now with all their some bizarre material etc on

Also looking forward to

Fashion Fabrique 3 disc set
Space monkey off the beam ( this seems to keep on getting delayed)
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 am

some further great news . Electronic Sound issue 49 has mentioned that a re-release of Dark Enchartment is due this year . I went onto the Peter Thomson Facebook page and have asked the question , they have confirmed that they are compiling a box set reissue of the album and associated singles. They have stressed they don't want to rush this though as they want the sound and look perfect
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:54 am

they have also confirmed that this will be a CD box set and maybe a limited edition vinyl box set but this is still in planning stages
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Yep, they had confirmed that with me too. Pretty exciting. Hopefully they are able to get all the extended versions, b-sides, and rarities on here. This is the one shot we're going to get of this so it's got to be done right.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Agreed . I have sent the link to margret of the previous thread I raised where cherry red were looking into doing something similar. They had also done some homework on all the catalogue numbers of the singles , remixes etc. So hopefully that will help . Also people on this site kindly gave their inputs as well on tracks they thought were missing. So hopefully they have all the details to make this quite comprehensive. I suppose it depends on who owns the masters
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby swerve » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:11 pm

From what I've read over the years I believe Peter's widow has quite a bit ( perhaps all ) control of the catalogue so it's great she is working on this... I would think something comprehensive that sounds great ( not brickwalled ) will sell very well.
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:19 am

I have heard that too Swerve and they have been forever trying to get that out of her. I am glad she has finally decided to release some of this stuff for the fans.

Thunderbird2, I am following up on the Space Monkey. I know it's technically ready to go, I believe. We just kind of have to all knudge Paul of Space Monkey along a little bit.
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby thunderbird2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:23 am

Sean wrote:I have heard that too Swerve and they have been forever trying to get that out of her. I am glad she has finally decided to release some of this stuff for the fans.

Thunderbird2, I am following up on the Space Monkey. I know it's technically ready to go, I believe. We just kind of have to all knudge Paul of Space Monkey along a little bit.

Thanks for the update Sean would love the deluxe cd of spacemonkey to come out , I thought from his facebook he was still trying to raise £1000 to get this issued due to the lack of backers on the pledge campaign , I thought Dominik500 was also involved in this
anyway lets hope it sees the light of day , keep pushing :D
If I get any updates on the secession deluxe I will post it but it sounds promising
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations