Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Fiat Lux - Hired History Plus

Fiat Lux - Hired History Plus

Postby Rissan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:34 am

Just announced through their Facebook site. Hired History Plus will be released this Spring on Cherry Red.
So this means two albums of Fiat Lux this year.
Rissan
The Jet Set

Re: Fiat Lux - Hired History Plus

Postby thunderbird2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:48 am

it has finally happened , brilliant and has been mastered at abbey road studios , lets hope cherry red do this right !
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby swerve » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:48 am

I'll wait for the reviews on sound quality... if it appears from feedback to be brickwalled / obvious vinyl rip(s) etc. I'll be skipping yet another release from CR ( the most frustrating label on the planet ).
swerve
Personal Jesus

Postby Sean » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 am

Man, it just keeps coming. This will be another amazing release. Now if I can get Paul to release Space Monkey, some label to do the 2 Slow Children albums plus 12 inches, Gary Numan presents Hohokam the "We've made up" album, Hubert Kah complete box set to finally come out, a better audio re-release of The Danse Society's "Looking Through", Box Of Toys Collection, Peter Godwin "Correspondence" with bonus Images Of Heaven 7" version, Spoken Images, and unreleased tracks, SSQ "Playback", The Nobody's "No Guarantees", Berlin "Pleasure Victim" and "Love Life" with all related 7" versions/12" versions/dub mixes etc., I Start Counting "the release they did a few years ago but all on cd". :D
I am a camera!!!
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:51 pm

I await the reissue with interest. I only have "Hired History" and two 7" singles but they are fabulous.
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:42 am

Just can't believe this EP finally gets an expanded CD release.

So happy.

Secrets and Blue Emotion are very good pop songs, but the rest is too.

There were many times in the past I had 7 inch and 12 inch vinyl records in my hands from this band, but I never bought them. After all, there always was another record in the shops that I bought with my hard earned money as a 17-year old.

This year is very complimenting towards producer Zeus B Held. We'll get the ZEE and the Fashion album in expanded formats too ... and now this ... what a good start of a new year :)
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Passing_Stranger » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:06 am

ZippY wrote:This year is very complimenting towards producer Zeus B Held. We'll get the ZEE and the Fashion album in expanded formats too ... and now this ... what a good start of a new year :)

What do you mean? Mr Held have never worked with Fiat Lux, they were produced by Bill Nelson in their indie days and then Hugh Jones.
Passing_Stranger
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:12 am

Passing_Stranger wrote:
ZippY wrote:This year is very complimenting towards producer Zeus B Held. We'll get the ZEE and the Fashion album in expanded formats too ... and now this ... what a good start of a new year :)

What do you mean? Mr Held have never worked with Fiat Lux, they were produced by Bill Nelson in their indie days and then Hugh Jones.

Whoops! I thought I read that information about a comment from somebody on the Fiat Lux Facebook page. Sorry for that.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:04 am

That was probably my post that confused you Zippy , Passing stranger is correct

there was a side discussion on the Fiat Lux facebook page about the great number of reissues happening this year and that a number of us have been actively engaging with Cherry Red to try and get Fiat Lux released
Some of the people had mentioned a few that they have requested over the years ( seeing as this has taken so long)
I mentioned that Fabrique was coming out this year and someone had also mentioned that they had requested This Island Earth. They had only released two singles that were brilliant and I mentioned that these were produced by Zeus B held along with the Fabrique album
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:29 am

thunderbird2 wrote:That was probably my post that confused you Zippy , Passing stranger is correct

there was a side discussion on the Fiat Lux facebook page about the great number of reissues happening this year and that a number of us have been actively engaging with Cherry Red to try and get Fiat Lux released
Some of the people had mentioned a few that they have requested over the years ( seeing as this has taken so long)
I mentioned that Fabrique was coming out this year and someone had also mentioned that they had requested This Island Earth. They had only released two singles that were brilliant and I mentioned that these were produced by Zeus B held along with the Fabrique album

Ah! :D That was what I meant. Thanks for clearing this up. Cheers!
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby jason89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:36 am

Wooow, it's wonderful, for more information check my profile)
jason89
Running Up That Hill

Postby xymox970 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 am

Sean wrote:Man, it just keeps coming. This will be another amazing release. Now if I can get Paul to release Space Monkey, some label to do the 2 Slow Children albums plus 12 inches, Gary Numan presents Hohokam the "We've made up" album, Hubert Kah complete box set to finally come out, a better audio re-release of The Danse Society's "Looking Through", Box Of Toys Collection, Peter Godwin "Correspondence" with bonus Images Of Heaven 7" version, Spoken Images, and unreleased tracks, SSQ "Playback", The Nobody's "No Guarantees", Berlin "Pleasure Victim" and "Love Life" with all related 7" versions/12" versions/dub mixes etc., I Start Counting "the release they did a few years ago but all on cd". :D

Love to see Box Of Toys (especially The Light) mentioned here. I really hope it happens one day.
xymox970
The Jet Set

Postby Barmy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 pm

The new FiLu release is a CDr. Pass on that.

In any event, I'm only interested in their early period.
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby Qbertqubes » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 am

Barmy is a real Debbie Downer. I know you bought a Trees CDR before
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby thunderbird2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 am

Barmy wrote:The new FiLu release is a CDr. Pass on that.

In any event, I'm only interested in their early period.

Hello Barmy i had a similar concern when i ordered as on the invoice it said CDR

I have checked with the band via facebook and they have confirmed it is a factory pressed CD not a CDR

the CD album is also now up on Amazon to pre order, I like the sound of the new material and is not a millions miles away from the old material
thunderbird2
Personal Jesus

Next

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations