Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

WLIR/KROQ shout outs at the RnR Hall of Fame ceremony

New Wave/Punk music, culture, genres, memories. '80s revivalism and other relevant topics.

WLIR/KROQ shout outs at the RnR Hall of Fame ceremony

Postby rewind » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:48 am

Two of the pioneering alternative radio stations -- WLIR in New York and KROQ in L.A. -- were acknowledged at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame ceremony last Friday night (will air later). A nice hat tip to the stations that helped break this music:

Duran Duran members Simon Le Bon and John Taylor, who, while inducting musical heroes Roxy Music into the Hall of Fame, gave a nod to America’s alternative radio of the era for supporting both Roxy and Duran Duran.

“Before MTV, there was LIR, there was KROQ on the West Coast — and when we first came here, we had an audience,” said Taylor. “We walked onstage and we had fans, and that was because of LIR. There was no other medium, there was no other way that you could hear cutting edge, English music other than maybe a handful of radio stations. At the beginning, in 1981, that was it.”

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/roc ... 203176649/
rewind
Room at the Top

Re: WLIR/KROQ shout outs at the RnR Hall of Fame ceremony

Postby wasproxy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:03 pm

Wow! Nice find Max - all true too
wasproxy
Take On Me

Re: WLIR/KROQ shout outs at the RnR Hall of Fame ceremony

Postby DJ Craig » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:02 am

Like.
DJ Craig