Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Fashion "Fabrique" Reissue

Re: Fashion "Fabrique" Reissue

Postby ZippY » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:52 am

BigManRestless wrote:
omar wrote:Here's the tracklist for the forthcoming Fabrique Deluxe reissue that's coming in the next few months. Dave Harris is also offering Zee's Identity now through burningshed.com as Pledgemusic has been a little unreliable lately. If anyone wants to order Zee please go to burningshed (several formats and bundles) available . Release date is May 2019. Fabrique should follow a month or two later.

FACE ONE
1. Move On
2. Love Shadow
3. Streetplayer-Mechanik
4. Dressed To Kill
5. You Only Left Your Picture
6. Something In Your Picture
7. It’s Alright
8. White Stuff (Short Cut)
9. Do You Wanna Make Love?
10.Slow Blue

FACE TWO
1. Mutant Dance Move
2. Smokey Dialogue
3. Mutant Mix Mechanik
4. Dressed To Kill Double Dub
5. You Only Left Your Picture (Reggae Reprise)
6. Alternative Playback (Half Frame)
7. White Stuff (The Unfinished)
8. Do You Wanna Make Love (At 5.00 A.M.)?

FACE THREE
1. Move On (Audio Extra)
2. Streetplayer-Mechanik (Audio Extra)
3. Love Shadow (Smokey Dialogue)
4. Something In Your Picture (Motor Drive)
5. Mutant Mechanik (7” mix)
6. Love Shadow (7” mix)
7. Alternative Playback (Full Frame)
8. Let’s Play Dirty (Centrefold)
9. Love Shadow (US 12” promo mix)

The 7" mix of Let's Play Dirty is missing (WHY?) but otherwise this looks thorough.

What about the 7" B-side of Move On (3:53min.): Mutant Move (3:51min.)

That one's missing too.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 am

Dave Harris has added that a couple of extra tracks may end up on the album as well. I'm guessing those would be Let's play Dirty (7") and Mutant Move (7"). Let's see. He's self releasing both the Zee and Fashion albums without any band participation which is why it's taking so long. Also noticed that Love Shadow (Dub) is missing as well.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby BigManRestless » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:41 am

Dave does seem very attuned to talking to the fans about this project - I hope he adds in the missing mixes.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby omar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:25 am

He's constantly on facebook and answers every question. Gives updates all the time as well as info on future projects. He's also currently writing new music with Zeus B. held who produced Fabrique and the pair might even do a few gigs together in the future.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby ZippY » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 am

omar wrote:Dave Harris has added that a couple of extra tracks may end up on the album as well. I'm guessing those would be Let's play Dirty (7") and Mutant Move (7"). Let's see. He's self releasing both the Zee and Fashion albums without any band participation which is why it's taking so long. Also noticed that Love Shadow (Dub) is missing as well.

Can't find a Dub mix of this track on any commercial Fashion release.

Isn't that the Love Shadow - Smokey Dialogue variation?
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:59 am

I think it was a b side on a US promotional 12", i may be wrong. Dave has said that he found most of whatever he could for the deluxe edition that were available to be digitized. I guess some stuff might've escaped him.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby postpunkmonk » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:12 am

Now that PledgeMusic has melted down, how has this failure affected the Fashiøn/Zee reissues? Wasn't Zee being reissued through PledgeMusic? [checks] yes - with 35 days to go but as we know, this is not likely to happen. At least through PledgeMusic as they have crashed and burned. Can anyone else say what may or may not happen here?
https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®
postpunkmonk
Personal Jesus

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:02 am

The Zee one is still going ahead I think Fabrique is following. It’s available to order on Amazon
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Pledge Music Fashion "Fabrique" Reissue

Postby NuWavo80s » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:13 pm

As the service misses payments to artists, it has come under fire and raised the possibility of regulation in a business that has, until now, thrived without it.

For the past nine months, electro-industrial band ohGr has been fielding questions from fans asking why they haven't received the CDs, records, books and T-shirts that they bought as part of the group's PledgeMusic crowdfunding campaign to support its fifth full-length album, TrickS.

Producer Mark Walk has done his best to explain the delays, but he has been kept waiting himself -- ohGr has yet to see nearly $100,000 of the $140,000 the group raised with PledgeMusic. Walk has struggled through frequent emails and calls with PledgeMusic staff, asking to get the money that would allow him to make the promised products. The band finally released its album digitally last summer and headed out on a nationwide tour without new merchandise. Since then, there have been few developments, other than repeated assurances from the company that the money is coming.

PledgeMusic touts over $100 million in artist payments distributed among 50,000 projects since its 2009 launch. Yet ohGr is just one of dozens of acts claiming the company has failed to pay what they're owed on campaigns during the past year. The problem goes back to summer 2018, when artists complained about late payments and PledgeMusic overhauled its management to create "a more rigorous infrastructure to underpin the company's growth initiatives."

Read More
PledgeMusic Suspends Contributions on All Active Crowdfunding Campaigns Until Further Notice

Based on recent accounts, however, PledgeMusic's problems seem to have worsened. In turn, many acts, like ohGr, have been unable to produce products for their fans or have gone into debt in order to do so. Instrumental band Incendio has been waiting five months for an initial $3,300 payment of its total $6,200 raised, for example, while '90s pop-rockers Fastball are still owed over $10,000 after receiving a payment for about half that total in January. The band's manager, Peter Wark, says his requests have been shuffled among different higher-ups at the company like "a game of hot potato."

The main selling point of crowdfunding companies is trust itself. "Once they lose that, it's hard to get it back," says Chris Castle, an attorney who advocates for creators' rights. "Because why else are they there?" While Kickstarter and Indiegogo are not facing the same issues as PledgeMusic, the default of a major crowdfunding service could cause ripples through the industry. If customers and campaign owners are too turned off by the experience, PledgeMusic's actions could do industry-wide damage.

"The whole thing has a J. Wellington Wimpy feel," says Castle, referencing the Popeye character's famous catchphrase, "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

PledgeMusic has not explained why it can't pay artists the money it owes them and did not respond to Billboard's direct questions on the matter, asking in a statement for "patience" and some "breathing space" as it explores potential partnerships or acquisitions that it says would help bring accounts current by the end of April.

Read More
PledgeMusic Asks for 'Breathing Space' As It Explores Partnerships & Acquisitions Amid Payment Scandal

But a former employee who asked to remain anonymous says the company doesn't hold funds "on account for the artist," as the website's terms and conditions say. Instead, the ex-employee alleges, PledgeMusic uses that money for ongoing operations and invests it in growing the company.

On Jan. 29, PledgeMusic co-founder Benji Rogers announced that he has returned on a short-term basis, and PledgeMusic has said it plans to bring in a third-party company to manage all artist funds going forward -- something leading competitors Kickstarter and Indiegogo already offer through online payment company Stripe. This week, PledgeMusic announced it would suspend accepting contributions to its active crowdfunding and presale campaigns until further notice.

PledgeMusic could have a hard time regaining the trust of its users. In the past month, artists and fans have left the platform, telling Billboard they're unlikely to return. While some acts are taking their campaigns to competing crowdfunding services, others are opting instead to run campaigns on their own websites. The British Musicians' Union has advised artists to use "other established crowdfunding platforms until such time as this situation has been resolved." ohGr has set up a Bandcamp page to handle sales moving forward.

"It's a ‘too little, too late' sort of deal for me," says Latin pop singer-songwriter Melissa Otero, who canceled a campaign for her album Erotomania after one month and moved to GoFundMe. "This is a huge responsibility, and I need my fans to know they can trust me and the platforms that I use. I can't afford to wait a year to receive money to fund my project that is happening now. It just doesn't make sense."

Read More
PledgeMusic Co-Founder Benji Rogers Returning to Company Temporarily, as Artists Jump Ship Over Late Payments

Already, the crowdfunding platform business model has an inherent flaw: Unable to guarantee that campaigns will fulfill orders, how does anyone know they'll get what they paid for? Stories of fraud -- such as the board game The Doom That Came to Atlantic City, whose manufacturer was charged with deceptive tactics in the Federal Trade Commission's first case involving crowdfunding, in 2015 -- are largely headline-grabbing outliers. But tales of ineptitude, like Central Standard Timing's promised "world's thinnest watch" that blew through $1 million before CST filed for bankruptcy in 2016, are more common and arguably more damaging to crowdfunding's credibility.

More often than not, things work out. Kickstarter, the crowdfunding market leader, has paid out $3.7 billion ($207.8 million in music); a 2015 study of the platform found that 9 percent of projects failed to deliver rewards. More recently, Kickstarter and Indiegogo have launched initiatives to assist campaign owners with manufacturing to scale.

But, in this relatively new and unregulated marketplace, little attention has been paid to the granddaddy of all failures: What happens when the crowdfunding portal itself flops?

"What PledgeMusic is doing is just offensive to anyone who is trying to create a project," says a source in the crowdfunding industry, "whether it's a music project, in this case, or any other creative endeavor."

Crowdfunding attorney Mark Roderick says that before now, he would have said the rewards-based crowdfunding space was operating "extremely effectively" without regulation. "Since the beginning of donation-based crowdfunding, it has been surprisingly free of fraud and bad actors," he says. Perhaps, no longer. If lawsuits are filed against PledgeMusic, they could bring regulation to a business that so far has thrived without it.

"This would be the man-bites-dog story," says Roderick. "By far the exception. But for good or for worse, regulation often is the result of the man-bites-dog story."
NuWavo80s
Take On Me

Postby drivel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:53 am

Although the Zee - Identity release is still active on Pledge, on the Fashion - Fabrique Facebook page Dee Harris stated three weeks ago:

"Ok folks, I have been given this message to post regarding ‘Pledge Music’, basically for anyone who might still have an order with them ...
Please tell people who ordered from Pledge, “Call your banks and credit card companies right away to open claims for reimbursement that way,”
Ok looks like that is the safest thing to do right now... regards, Dave ❤️"

I've been avoiding Pledge since I first became aware of complaints by artists about not being paid last summer, and I find it odd that artists still continue to create campaigns with them despite the continuing bad publicity.

Pledge have been unsuccessfully trying to find a buyer for the business or additional finance for quite some time, and with the chances of this happening continuing to diminish, unfortunately many artists will probably never be paid all the money owed to them.
drivel
Take On Me

Postby profil » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:48 am

Any news when the Fashion "Fabrique" Reissue will be released?
Take On Me

Postby df118 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:02 am

ZippY wrote:
omar wrote:Dave Harris has added that a couple of extra tracks may end up on the album as well. I'm guessing those would be Let's play Dirty (7") and Mutant Move (7"). Let's see. He's self releasing both the Zee and Fashion albums without any band participation which is why it's taking so long. Also noticed that Love Shadow (Dub) is missing as well.

Can't find a Dub mix of this track on any commercial Fashion release.

Isn't that the Love Shadow - Smokey Dialogue variation?

Nope. Was only available online for a while over a decade ago from tapes held by an ex-manager. Otherwise unavailable.
df118
Take On Me

Postby omar » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:36 pm

The Zee “Identity” album finally came out last month. Available through Musicglue and Amazon. I got the single cd and it sounds pretty damn good. Fashion’s Fabrique deluxe set is also slated for a late summer/early autumn release (hopefully!) Dave is one of those that likes to have everything perfect. He and his team have carefully organized all the correct mixes and b sides for the Fabrique project after the crappy Height Of Fashion compilation from Cherry Red. The remastering on that was awful plus some of the remixes were labeled wrong. I communicate with Dave on a regular basis and he promises that the Fabrique deluxe will be well worth the wait. It’s been two years in the making, so let’s hope for something great!
omar
Room at the Top

Postby BigManRestless » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:25 am

For those who don't know, Dave and Zeus B.Held are doing a live performance of Fabrique in Birmingham - it's sold out already.
BigManRestless
The Jet Set

Postby ZippY » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:02 am

omar wrote:The Zee “Identity” album finally came out last month. Available through Musicglue and Amazon. I got the single cd and it sounds pretty damn good. Fashion’s Fabrique deluxe set is also slated for a late summer/early autumn release (hopefully!) Dave is one of those that likes to have everything perfect. He and his team have carefully organized all the correct mixes and b sides for the Fabrique project after the crappy Height Of Fashion compilation from Cherry Red. The remastering on that was awful plus some of the remixes were labeled wrong. I communicate with Dave on a regular basis and he promises that the Fabrique deluxe will be well worth the wait. It’s been two years in the making, so let’s hope for something great!

Finally got my copy of it today! Am happy with it too. So much more going on in this remaster. Sounds fine on every track to my ears. Now it's up to Fashion's 3CD boxset ...

btw; Here are some vids from last August in which Dave and Zeus play together in Birmingham!

Move On:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQNwHYxU34M

Street Player:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQjCi-2_mo
ZippY
Personal Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations