Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Re-Flex "The Politics Of Dancing" 2 CD Expanded Re-Issue

Re: Re-Flex "The Politics Of Dancing" 2 CD Expanded Re-Issue

Postby ZippY » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:40 am

omar wrote:Just got this in the mail. It's the supposed 2019 revised edition. What a mess! several tracks are chopped off slightly at the very end/beginning and there's a noticeable hiss too. The Politics Of Dancing (US 7") sounds like it's got a few seconds missing at the beginning and end much to my dismay. If anyone has their 1993 One Way Records cd still, please don't sell it as it's probably the best sounding version so far.

I was expecting this one some time ago (19-7) but it looks like this Expanded Edition has some kind of curse over it. The new release-date for our country is now 16-08. Maybe they found out about the (new) problems so far ...
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby omar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:42 am

I was really looking forward to this and now..... Luckily thanks to Audacity i was able to edit the messed up tracks and redo them.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Subsound » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:48 am

omar wrote:Just got this in the mail. It's the supposed 2019 revised edition. What a mess! several tracks are chopped off slightly at the very end/beginning and there's a noticeable hiss too. The Politics Of Dancing (US 7") sounds like it's got a few seconds missing at the beginning and end much to my dismay. If anyone has their 1993 One Way Records cd still, please don't sell it as it's probably the best sounding version so far.

Damn! Have you written to Cherry Red to ask them about it? How can you tell it’s the revised version?
Subsound
Running Up That Hill

Postby Qbertqubes » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:58 am

as I mentioned in the past, just go on line & buy the Reflex box set & stop worrying about this. The box set has everything that this set will not have.
Qbertqubes
Personal Jesus

Postby ZippY » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:52 pm

Qbertqubes wrote:as I mentioned in the past, just go on line & buy the Reflex box set & stop worrying about this. The box set has everything that this set will not have.

This guy has a perfect rip of the 2019 2CD Expanded Edition that has no issues with the audio 8) :

http://babakazoo.blogspot.com/search/label/Re-Flex

So it seems that the 'revised-revised' version (which I am still waiting for) is correct.
ZippY
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 am

ZippY wrote:
Qbertqubes wrote:as I mentioned in the past, just go on line & buy the Reflex box set & stop worrying about this. The box set has everything that this set will not have.

This guy has a perfect rip of the 2019 2CD Expanded Edition that has no issues with the audio 8) :

http://babakazoo.blogspot.com/search/label/Re-Flex

So it seems that the 'revised-revised' version (which I am still waiting for) is correct.

Thanks for sharing. It sounds pretty good to me, though there IS one error, I think it was the first second of "Hurt" being tacked on to the end of the track preceding it. But all the tracks sound clean and im gonna guess are from master tapes. I'm satisfied enough with what I hear that I will buy it.. I've also compared the original album tracks to my One Way cd and they definitely have more low end. Also compared cd 2 to all my vinyl transfers of my 12" singles and the cd definitely sounds better. The 12" version of Politics is different from the version on the "Pulsating Grooves" compilation cd from many years ago.

** EDIT: I neglected to detail that the one glitch is actually the beginning of "Hurt" (Track 10) on CD2. The first second of that track is actually at the end of "Cut It" (Track 9) on CD2.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Bellenger1981 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:24 am

Thank you for the info! I went ahead and ordered a copy. I still think that this was a missed opportunity to include:

The Politics of Dancing [U.S. 12" Version]
The Politics of Dancing [U.K. 7" Version]
Hurt [U.S. 7" Version]
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby blaaah » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:02 am

As Fred says, the US12" is on the Pulsating Grooves compilation, the reissue has the UK 12".
blaaah
Personal Jesus

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:30 am

blaaah wrote:As Fred says, the US12" is on the Pulsating Grooves compilation, the reissue has the UK 12".

Indeed. It is. I have it. However, it is horribly compressed. That's why I was hoping for it to be included here with better mastering. Interesting that we get the U.S. 7" version but not the U.S. 12" version.
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Fred Taghon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:32 am

Bellenger1981 wrote:
blaaah wrote:As Fred says, the US12" is on the Pulsating Grooves compilation, the reissue has the UK 12".

Indeed. It is. I have it. However, it is horribly compressed. That's why I was hoping for it to be included here with better mastering. Interesting that we get the U.S. 7" version but not the U.S. 12" version.

Yeah, it is a horribly mastered cd (Pulsating Grooves).

I bought the US 7" back in '83 and I dont remember it being any different than the 7" version on all the various compilation cds over the years.were there 2 US pressings?
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

Postby Bellenger1981 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:08 am

Fred Taghon wrote:
Bellenger1981 wrote:

Yeah, it is a horribly mastered cd (Pulsating Grooves).

I bought the US 7" back in '83 and I dont remember it being any different than the 7" version on all the various compilation cds over the years.were there 2 US pressings?

Fortunately, Burning the Ground posted a vinyl transfer of the U.S. 12" mix that I tweaked to my liking. It sounds much better. The U.S. 7" is shorter (3:55) than the U.K. 7" (4:15), which can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DHBvEqabSo
Bellenger1981
Personal Jesus

Postby Subsound » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 am

Hi omar, you definitely have the withdrawn 2018 edition, not the 2019 edition. The errors previously reported appear to have been fixed, with the exception of the new mastering error where track 2-10 starts at the end of track 2-9.
Subsound
Running Up That Hill

Postby omar » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:47 am

Subsound wrote:

Hi omar, you definitely have the withdrawn 2018 edition, not the 2019 edition. The errors previously reported appear to have been fixed, with the exception of the new mastering error where track 2-10 starts at the end of track 2-9.

I have the 2019 version. It says so on the credits on the back and here's the barcode:5013929441187. The 2018 version has the barcode:5013929439283. Plus the 2018 version was withdrawn from Amazon and then being sold for absurd prices everywhere. I don't know what to say. The mastering was fine. It's just that the fade out on many tracks was slightly cut off. I'd advise everyone to listen closely on headphones from beginning to end.
omar
Room at the Top

Postby Surly » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 pm

I just saw on pauseandplay.com that this is being reissued digitally on 9/6 from X5 Music Group/Warner
"Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"
Surly
The Jet Set

Postby Fred Taghon » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:55 am

My copy of this arrived a few days ago. I am very satisfied with this release. The sound quality is very good (disc 2 may be just a tiny tad bass heavy for my tastes, but just a tiny tad) and the packaging is excellent as well.

The only glitch is the first half-second of the "Hurt" US 12" version comes at the end of the previous track as I had mentioned in a previous post but that's easy enough to edit, and even without fixing it, its not the end of the world.

Still not sure why the one version of the title track is called the US 7" version, because my 7" is the shorter one that appears on most 80s compliations.
Fred Taghon
The Jet Set

PreviousNext

Return to News, Reissues & Compilations