Site Announcements
Congratulations to
alexbowser


View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

[blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Discuss hard-to-find or out-of-print New Wave and '80s Alternative, and share a few songs along the way.
NOTE: requesting songs that are entirely unrelated to the genres discussed here or easily found on CD is strongly discouraged and posts will be enforced as needed.

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby humanracer » Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 pm

what's special about the 7" versions of SOS and United Kingdom? Aren't they just the album versions?
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby negative1 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 pm

humanracer wrote:what's special about the 7" versions of SOS and United Kingdom? Aren't they just the album versions?


i don't know, they might be edits:
4:48 S.O.S. (7") v
4:53 S.O.S. v, cs, cd, dig

3:13 United Kingdom v, cs, cd, dig
3:19 United Kingdom (7") v

i never really compared them.

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby omar » Thu May 03, 2018 10:30 pm

The following are still on vinyl to my knowledge

1. Ocean Blue (Pacific Mix)
2. How To Be A Zillionaire (Wall St Mix)
3. How To Be A Zillionaire (Nickel & Dime Mix)
4. The Night You Murdered Love (Radio Edit)
5. Minneapolis (Edit)
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1742
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby humanracer » Fri May 04, 2018 2:38 pm

omar wrote:The following are still on vinyl to my knowledge

1. Ocean Blue (Pacific Mix)
2. How To Be A Zillionaire (Wall St Mix)
3. How To Be A Zillionaire (Nickel & Dime Mix)
4. The Night You Murdered Love (Radio Edit)
5. Minneapolis (Edit)


Pacific mix is on Absolutely but not labelled as such.
Wall st mix is on the 1993 "Remix Collection" and a few obscure compilations

Not too bothered about edits, especially radio ones but the following mixes I believe are unreleased:
Mantrap - The Lounge Sequence
How To Be A Billionaire [inst]
How To Be A Millionaire (acapella)
How To Be A Zillionaire (nickel & dime mix)
Be Near Me (ecstasy mix)
Tower Of London (extended version)
The Night You Murdered Love (bonus beats)
One Better World (organ mix)
The Real Thing (frankie knuckles mix)
The Real Thing (bruce forest mix)
The Real Thing (pickering-park mix) [inst]
Love Conquers All (the morales mix)
Say It (the black box instrumental)
Viva Love (brothers in rhythm mix
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby omar » Fri May 04, 2018 9:13 pm

humanracer wrote:
omar wrote:The following are still on vinyl to my knowledge

1. Ocean Blue (Pacific Mix)
2. How To Be A Zillionaire (Wall St Mix)
3. How To Be A Zillionaire (Nickel & Dime Mix)
4. The Night You Murdered Love (Radio Edit)
5. Minneapolis (Edit)


Pacific mix is on Absolutely but not labelled as such.
Wall st mix is on the 1993 "Remix Collection" and a few obscure compilations

Not too bothered about edits, especially radio ones but the following mixes I believe are unreleased:
Mantrap - The Lounge Sequence
How To Be A Billionaire [inst]
How To Be A Millionaire (acapella)


How To Be A Zillionaire (nickel & dime mix)
Be Near Me (ecstasy mix)
Tower Of London (extended version)
The Night You Murdered Love (bonus beats)
One Better World (organ mix)
The Real Thing (frankie knuckles mix)
The Real Thing (bruce forest mix)


The Real Thing (pickering-park mix) [inst]
Love Conquers All (the morales mix)
Say It (the black box instrumental)
Viva Love (brothers in rhythm mix



Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't the Pacific Mix almost identical to the 7" except that at 2:25 min you hear the woman's voice screaming, whereas on the 7" you don't.
omar
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1742
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:51 am
Location: USA

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby humanracer » Sat May 05, 2018 1:19 am

omar wrote:
humanracer wrote:
omar wrote:The following are still on vinyl to my knowledge

1. Ocean Blue (Pacific Mix)
2. How To Be A Zillionaire (Wall St Mix)
3. How To Be A Zillionaire (Nickel & Dime Mix)
4. The Night You Murdered Love (Radio Edit)
5. Minneapolis (Edit)


Pacific mix is on Absolutely but not labelled as such.
Wall st mix is on the 1993 "Remix Collection" and a few obscure compilations

Not too bothered about edits, especially radio ones but the following mixes I believe are unreleased:
Mantrap - The Lounge Sequence
How To Be A Billionaire [inst]
How To Be A Millionaire (acapella)


How To Be A Zillionaire (nickel & dime mix)
Be Near Me (ecstasy mix)
Tower Of London (extended version)
The Night You Murdered Love (bonus beats)
One Better World (organ mix)
The Real Thing (frankie knuckles mix)
The Real Thing (bruce forest mix)


The Real Thing (pickering-park mix) [inst]
Love Conquers All (the morales mix)
Say It (the black box instrumental)
Viva Love (brothers in rhythm mix



Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't the Pacific Mix almost identical to the 7" except that at 2:25 min you hear the woman's voice screaming, whereas on the 7" you don't.


No in fact I just checked and the Pacific mix has different arrangement too
Thirtysomething New Wave fan. I've got that Golden Feeling.
humanracer
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 am
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby maccafan076 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:30 pm

Great blog on the ABC rarities. I didn't know about most of them. Is there a link to download them together or just separately?
maccafan076
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: USA

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby negative1 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:33 pm

humanracer wrote:Hi

There is a good book about ABC by Dave Richards. It’s on Amazon but was not able to answer my questions.



i got that book on abc, it might have been good before the internet, its very out of date, and missing
quite a few releases. there's nothing there you cant get from wikipedia, discogs, and fansites.

just wanted to spare anyone else that's thinking about buying it.

later
-1
negative1
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm
Location: USA

Re: [blog] -> abc rare remixes and singles

Postby elevatorman » Tue May 15, 2018 9:58 am

Jeez. I wish I had noticed this thread and found Negative1's ABC blog a few years ago. Great stuff. Was nice being able to download some of the songs still. Thanks.
User avatar
elevatorman
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:55 am

Previous

Return to Obscure 80s Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests