Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Journey?

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Journey?

Postby phillyidol » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:15 pm

I know they are not new wave but there was this huge thing where they replaced the singer with a look and sound alike years ago and never regretted it. But the other day on vh1 I saw them in concert with steve perry, the original singer. Whats the story?
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:31 am

As far as I know, Steve Perry has not toured with the band since 1996. His sound-alike replacement, Steve Augeri, has been their lead singer since then.

My guess is the VH1 concert you saw was from an earlier period. They recently released a concert CD/DVD recorded in their heyday (1981). Maybe it was from that show, eh?
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:22 pm

Hey fritz! Its weird because it said journey concert: texas 2006. This guy could not be the look alike. I will have to do some digging. I saw the other singer before and it was close but this guy was Perry.(I think)
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:44 pm

I thought I read, or heard, Steve Perry had rejoined Journey, so you are probably right.

Speaking of Journey, I had just listed to 5 of their CD's yesterday. Not sure why, but I felt like hearing Journey, so after those discs were done, I even through in Steve's first solo CD. Got my Journey fix.

I started this morning off with Night Ranger - Dawn Patrol, Billy Satellite, Steel Breeze, and Honeymoon Suite's first release. So much for any new wave music this weekend!!

Manybe I'll throw in Genesis - Trick of The Tail, next.......
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:50 am

I knew it! It looked way too much like him.
Hey you like Genesis too? Good stuff! I'm like you, I get into the mood for something and have to hear it.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:59 am

Yeah, Genesis <I>Trick Of The Tail[/i] is one of my all-time favorite albums - great stuff! [8D]
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:17 am

Love all the early Genesis releases.

If you are a Yes fan, you might want to check out Starcastle. I love their 3 CD's, all in the Yes vein, but most of their songs just seem like they should have been on FM radio stations.

And another great prog band, from the 80s onward, is IQ. Yea, all weekend has been a hard rock, prog theme for me. Today I listened to Humble Pie, Montrose, Gamma, Nazareth and 2 more Genesis CD's - And Then There Were Three, and Wind & Wuthering. Then, tonight, after seeing the 2Nu post earlier, I had to throw on Brian Adams second release with Coming Home on it. Oh, just remembered, also listened to REO Speeedwagon - You can Tune A......
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby phillyidol » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:03 am

Love Starcastle! And I learned how to play the bass after hearing yes. Great stuff! Yours is no disgrace is one of my all time favs.
Back to early Genesis, Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins where asked if they would ever play together again. Suprise! They were both up for it. Pete said put it together, I'll be there. That would really be something to see.
phillyidol
Room at the Top

Postby Grunch » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:48 am

Especially if they went for a prog sound of old, since that is an art in and of itself, and certainly they've the talent to do another great one.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby fritzb » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 am

If you like cool Prog Rock check out this obscure Hungarian band from 1984:

Solaris - M'ars Poetica

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... FD5AE128EF

[8D]
fritzb
Room at the Top

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?