Site Announcements
Congratulations to
raegonzalez


View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results


Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.


If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

lou miami

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

lou miami

Postby tileboy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:41 am

After buying his ep " Rituals" I wondered what this Bostonian did after the mid 80's. I saw him many times on the Boston scene and he was a flamboyant performer to say the least. He did a great version of "To Sir with Love" and a concert fav was called "Tina Louise".
tileboy
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:22 am
Location: USA

Postby atlantamoi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:39 am

He passed away in 1995 of a drug overdose. Here's a fairly long written piece about him:

http://www.geocities.com/coyote_sunrise/loumiami.html
atlantamoi
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:17 am
Location:

Postby tileboy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:27 am

Wow , thanks for that article. That describes lou Miami to a T. I used to have that single " To Sir with Love /Facist Lover" and would love to locate it. I recently went to In Your Ear records on comm ave looking for it with no luck.

R.I.P Lou Miami
tileboy
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:22 am
Location: USA

Postby atlantamoi » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:22 am

I only have Rituals as well. No clue what else he did or what it even sounds like.
atlantamoi
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:17 am
Location:

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:38 am

Awhile ago, both Rituals and his self-titled ...and the Kozmetics EPs were posted in their entirety here. I can try to set up a yousendit if interested. Dance with Death and Vehicle for Love are the first EP's highlights imho, certainly not the cover of Monster Mash.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 10195
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:37 pm
Location:

Postby atlantamoi » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:35 pm

Blir, I would be very interested in those recordings you mention. Thanks for even trying!
atlantamoi
Switchin' to Glide
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:17 am
Location:

Postby Frau_Blucher » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:05 am

Links are coming via emails. Anyone else?
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 10195
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:37 pm
Location:

Postby firefall » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:09 am

I got his lp ''Rituals'' recently.Great stuff ,that it's near sounding to 45 Grave,Cramps and some neo-psychedelic bands(Green on Red for instance).
firefall
Personal Jesus
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:12 am
Location: Greece

Postby tileboy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:56 am

Here's an old thread from the Noise a Boston music publication

http://thenoiseboard.com/lofiversion/in ... 19242.html
tileboy
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:22 am
Location: USA

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:10 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by tileboy[/i]
<br>Here's an old thread from the Noise a Boston music publication

http://thenoiseboard.com/lofiversion/in ... 19242.html
[/quote]
Pretty damned fascinating stuff TB. Man, how come all these people aren't on THIS board? I'd love to hear all these old recollections.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 10195
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:37 pm
Location:

Postby tileboy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:12 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Blir[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by tileboy[/i]
<br>Here's an old thread from the Noise a Boston music publication

http://thenoiseboard.com/lofiversion/in ... 19242.html
[/quote]
Pretty damned fascinating stuff TB. Man, how come all these people aren't on THIS board? I'd love to hear all these old recollections.
[/quote]

I found it interesting how Lou Miami's son ended up on the thread.
Johnny Angel was in the band Thrills I think and is a talk show host out in L.A now. I have to do more searching of this boards archives.
tileboy
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:22 am
Location: USA

Postby Dreimiller » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Blir[/i]
<br>Links are coming via emails. Anyone else?
[/quote]

I have the 45 and Rituals digitized already but I haven't had time to digitize the first self-titled EP or the Sounds Eclectic track from my vinyl copies. I haven't been able to track down a copy of the Stones track from the Boston Gets Stoned comp. If anyone has those I'd love a copy.

I've also seen reference to a radio show recording from 1981 and the video for "Ghosts" that I'd love to get copies of.

I'd also be interested to know more about these two CD track listings that I ran across:

<a href="http://www.tagtuner.com/music/albums/Lou-Miami-and-the-Kozmetix/1979_05_17/album-v2f7b7c">Unidentified show from May 17, 1979</a>

<a href="http://www.tagtuner.com/music/albums/Lou-Miami-and-the-Kozmetix/1984_07_19/album-v213f354">Unidentified show from July 19, 1984</a>

I also just remembered that I have an LP from some radio program that includes Lou just answering questions. The DJ was to read the questions from an included sheet and then play Lou's answers. I'll have to dig that up and digitze that if I can find it.

-McD-
<http://www.newlondonrocks.com/>
Dreimiller
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:21 am
Location: USA

Postby tileboy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:31 am

Hi Dreimiller, It's great to see old set lists like that. When you say you have the 45 do you mean Facist Lover?
tileboy
Room at the Top
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:22 am
Location: USA

Postby Swimbigfish » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:11 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Dreimiller[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by Blir[/i]
<br>Links are coming via emails. Anyone else?
[/quote]

I have the 45 and Rituals digitized already but I haven't had time to digitize the first self-titled EP or the Sounds Eclectic track from my vinyl copies. I haven't been able to track down a copy of the Stones track from the Boston Gets Stoned comp. If anyone has those I'd love a copy.

I've also seen reference to a radio show recording from 1981 and the video for "Ghosts" that I'd love to get copies of.

I'd also be interested to know more about these two CD track listings that I ran across:

<a href="http://www.tagtuner.com/music/albums/Lou-Miami-and-the-Kozmetix/1979_05_17/album-v2f7b7c">Unidentified show from May 17, 1979</a>

<a href="http://www.tagtuner.com/music/albums/Lou-Miami-and-the-Kozmetix/1984_07_19/album-v213f354">Unidentified show from July 19, 1984</a>

I also just remembered that I have an LP from some radio program that includes Lou just answering questions. The DJ was to read the questions from an included sheet and then play Lou's answers. I'll have to dig that up and digitze that if I can find it.

-McD-
<http://www.newlondonrocks.com/>
[/quote]
Swimbigfish
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: USA

Postby Swimbigfish » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:13 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Dreimiller[/i]
<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by Blir[/i]
<br>Links are coming via emails. Anyone else?
[/quote]

I have the 45 and Rituals digitized already but I haven't had time to digitize the first self-titled EP or the Sounds Eclectic track from my vinyl copies. I haven't been able to track down a copy of the Stones track from the Boston Gets Stoned comp. If anyone has those I'd love a copy.

I've also seen reference to a radio show recording from 1981 and the video for "Ghosts" that I'd love to get copies of.

I'd also be interested to know more about these two CD track listings that I ran across:

<a href="http://www.tagtuner.com/music/albums/Lou-Miami-and-the-Kozmetix/1979_05_17/album-v2f7b7c">Unidentified show from May 17, 1979</a>

<a href="http://www.tagtuner.com/music/albums/Lou-Miami-and-the-Kozmetix/1984_07_19/album-v213f354">Unidentified show from July 19, 1984</a>

I also just remembered that I have an LP from some radio program that includes Lou just answering questions. The DJ was to read the questions from an included sheet and then play Lou's answers. I'll have to dig that up and digitze that if I can find it.

-McD-
<http://www.newlondonrocks.com/>
[/quote]
Swimbigfish
Running Up That Hill
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: USA

Next

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests