Site Announcements
Congratulations to
DJRetroactive

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Brekfast Club-Right On Track?

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

The Brekfast Club-Right On Track?

Postby newwavepopman » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:39 pm

Does anyone know and remember these guys from way back around 1984-85 or so? They had a big hit out around that time called "Right On Track" I love the cover of their one album that they did,with a bunch of chickens all over the place.It was on the MCA label.They also did a great cover on the album of the old 60's hit "Expressway To Your Heart" that was originally done by the band The Soul Survivors.Is there any info on the band anywhere on the net?I remember at the time thinking that their lead singer looked alot like Danny Elfman from Oingo Boingo.

Another great song from off of that LP was the song "Rico Mambo" and the song that starts out the album on side one called "Never Be The Same" I would like to know if anyone here knows what happened to any of the band members of this group.Thanks.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby newwavepopman » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:41 pm

Typo error I just noticed.Sorry it was supposed to say The Breakfast Club,named after the movie of the same name too.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby fritzb » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:34 am

"Right On Track" was released as a single in 1986, followed by their self-titled album in early 1987. Not really New Wave in the strictest sense, it's more dance pop along the lines of early Madonna. This is not a coincidence, considering the Material G
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby newwavepopman » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:17 am

oh I wouldn't really say that they weren't New Wave.I knew about the two members dating Madonna and her being in their band at one time.But Madonna's style didn't sound anything at all to me like The Breakfast Club's style.They sounded more like a New Wav
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby sark » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:25 am

Yes, I would like to know more about what happened to them. I have a copy of their brilliant 1987 album. Far better than Madonna's first two albums, and contains less low points than her superb third (although it must be said there were less high points
sark
Running Up That Hill

Postby newwavepopman » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:56 pm

I think if you go to any of the search engines online like google or yahoo and just type in new wave or new wave music,it will give a list of artists that are listed in that catagory,and I believe(I can't say for sure) that Level 42 was one of the bands l
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?