Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Glass Moon-Sympathetic Vibrations:

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Glass Moon-Sympathetic Vibrations:

Postby newwavepopman » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:55 pm

I thought these guys were great.I had no idea that they did one other album before their best album of all which was the "Sympathetic Vibrations" LP on the MCA label.The album before this one on the Radio wasn't half and near as good as this one was.Although their cover of The Hollies 60's hit "On A Carousel" was pretty good.But it wasn't until their MCA album that they went all out New Wave.The album before it was much more of an experimental album,and it just didn't do much for me.

For some reason I get the feeling that their MCA album was very Genesis influenced with the beat on the synth drums that sound so much like Phil Collins.If I had to compare their sound at that time,I would definately say that they were an 80's New Wave version of Genesis,only alot more New Wave sounding.But the drum beats and vocals sure sound like Phil Collins style.Only much better.It is a very tough album to find now.And I don't think that it was ever reissued onto CD either,which it should be.A great find if you can still find a copy.

Is there any info on the band anywhere? All I see is some band with the same name,but I don't think it is the same band.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby douglas56 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:08 pm

newwavepopman, that band you see with the name glassmoon is not us. the musicians of the original glassmoon are all well but have gone there separate way. three of the members reside in north carolina and are still active iin the music industry. myself, I
douglas56
Running Up That Hill

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?