Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

SPK - Australian band

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Postby Grunch » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:31 am

I'd definitely scoop 2 copies for myself alone!! Wish someohow lots more people could find out about superfecta and The Ideal Copy so some of these titles could see the light of day.
Grunch
Room at the Top

Postby Jason² » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:55 am

You n me both Mister Grunch :)
Jason²
The Jet Set

Postby fritzb » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:30 am

While we're on the subject, I was pleased to see a couple of the Superfecta Concrete Blonde re-issues in a little local record store yesterday. It's nice to know they are actually getting out there (albeit in a small shop that caters mostly to college st
fritzb
Room at the Top

Postby devildog » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:22 pm

Yes, I would scoop SPK as well. In fact, I will scoop all 80's reissues so I know that I will never miss out on them again. I can recall several instances in the early 90's that I came across a cd in a record store and I did not buy it, thinking: "I have
devildog
The Jet Set

Postby Hughie » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:53 pm

I saw them back in November 1984 in the UK and nearly got an oil drum on my head. Revell got a bill for the big dint he left in our Student's Union refectory floor.

Got a really good live recording of that gig...

Junk Funk/Metropolis/Flesh And Steel
Hughie
Running Up That Hill

Postby DavePlym » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:43 am

re : marketing spk or other smaller reissues - there is also
gemm.com - they don't care whether your catalogue is one or a million items and have three fee structures, none of which are expensive - this opens up sales to those who haven't found the new w
DavePlym
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?