Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Roman Holliday?

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Roman Holliday?

Postby newwavepopman » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:08 pm

Whatever happened to the band members of Roman Holliday? Does anyone know? Funny how when both them and The JoBoxers were out at the same time,alot of people would compare their styles as sounding quite alike.I just don't hear it for some reason.Maybe they both had a little of the same look in alot of ways,but that's about it.Although The JoBoxers had more of a dead end kids look,while Roman Holliday looked more like sailors.Musically speaking I thought that Roman Holliday had more of a Rockabilly sound,whereas The JoBoxers had more of a pop sound.I liked both bands alot.

Does anyone remember the 4 hits that Roman Holliday had?

Like "Don't Try To Stop It,IOU,Stand By,and Motor Maniac?

All great songs.They seemed to disappear just as fast as their songs and albums did.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby unguarded moment » Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:27 am

Their debut album "Cookin' On The Roof" has been recently reissued in Japan, as part of a "New Wave Rennaissance 2004" series.
unguarded moment
Personal Jesus

Postby skinnytie » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:19 pm

I really liked Roman Holliday when they first came out, but I don't know what they were thinking when they released their second album. They went the synthesizer route and changed their look totally to look like the new wave idol teens of the week. It s
skinnytie
The Jet Set

Postby Kumiko » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:06 am

I Love Roma Holliday. I went to concerts.
I have a Japanese website. you can read my page.
Becouse, I used english too. Poor English, But,
Roman Holliday members do understand my page.
If you want to see their videos and pictures,
please come to my
Kumiko
Running Up That Hill

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?