Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What Became Of Felony Of The Fanatic Fame?

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Postby RacerXXX » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:27 pm

What's up AudioGod????

I must've seen Felony perform about 5 times in the LA area. I loved those drums with the red faces. They had a unique sound to them. It's terrible to hear that Jeffrey died. I was so anticipating big things to happen for you guys. I remember being at Magic Mountain in 1983? "All The Kings Horses" sticks in my mind to this day. Can you shed some more light on Felony and the band members? I'm sure Felony fans would like to know more about one of their favorite bands of the eighties.

Thanks,
RacerXXX
RacerXXX
Running Up That Hill

Postby newwavepopman » Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:37 pm

I don't ever recall seeing a video for the song Kristine anywhere,but I do remember the videos for The Fanatic,and for "What A Way To Go" I remember them being shown on MV3 years ago.I'm surprised that the song "Positvely Negative" was never released as a video or as a single.What a great song that was too.
newwavepopman
The Jet Set

Postby mrmedieval » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:28 am

I went down the Posts and saw that someone said that jeffrey's wife was named Lucrecia. I knew his wife and that wasn't her name, though it could have been her stage name at the time. She was one of the most beautiful women I've ever met.

His suicide was very rough on the wife and children he left behind.
mrmedieval
Running Up That Hill

Postby lucasfd » Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:47 pm

erdprod 06/29/2003

The horror movie featuring the song off the Vigilante album was "Friday the 13'th Part 6" from 1986. In the middle of the movie Sissy and Cort went out to do "things that go bump in the night"; so they're humping in a camper to the song "I'm No Animal" from the Vigilante Album before Jason kills them. If you don't know this scene, rent the movie and check it out - it's hilarious.
lucasfd
Running Up That Hill

Postby stupidwhiteball » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:56 am

I have compiled a two CD set entitled "Felony-The Complete Recordings". It includes 38 tracks.
Including:
-The Fanatic album (10 tracks from CD)
-In The Name of Rock N Roll album (10 tracks from CD)
-Vigilante EP (6 tracks from vinyl) Modern Rome/I'm No Animal/Ruler in My Mind/Vigilante/Shake the Demon/Spinning Red
-Pied Piper single (from 7")long version
-All of Us EP/12" (3 tracks from vinyl) includes 2 remixes of "Vigilante" and "All of Us"
-In The Name of Rock N Roll demos (4 tracks from LP) Gladiator School/Passion/Youth/Bad Guy
-Demos (4 tracks from cassette) Hey Billy/Bless The Pain/World Gone Wild/If You Want Blood
The quality on all is awesome (except the last demos from the cassette)

This covers everything they released and some unreleased stuff (I also have a few cuts with the singer singing in a metallish/punk band called New Order (not the "Blue Monday" New Order). If anyone has anything I don't have please let me know.
stupidwhiteball
Take On Me

Postby gustywindsgus » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:06 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by TheAudioGod[/i]
<br>I was the sound engineer for Felony and my brother is Danny Sands (keys) What's up?????

[/quote] Hi bro of danny .IM not sure your name and you maynot remember mine.IM Gus I was part of the group denise,rick,rickya,all those guys .This band was better before thay got signed.what happened to the song pleasure cruze.that was a great song and Jeff was a great singer .and a great person I miss him .Ihavent seen joe for many years.I miss the gangsters of rock image that the band had before thay got signed.This is the story of the meeting of the record producer that helped them get signed.I was in a gas line on platt close to my home faceing north just up from calvert.when this really beutiful and sexy woman walked from her car behind me to this guys car in front of me .eventually I meet both of them waiting to buy gas in one of those long gas lines of the late 70s.HIs name is David davore does that ring a bell to you brother? He still works at the Complex down in West LA.I wonder what happend to the drummer and the bassist that was so so good like stanly clark a tall guy what was his name?Wow that brings back so many memeories.Those guys had a studio in the ware hose over off of topanga wow that wast such a big studio.how can i get a copy of that song pleasure cruz from what I remember that was a great song>>>.gustywindsgus
gustywindsgus
Running Up That Hill

Postby Sean » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:21 am

How did Cee Farrow die?
Sean
Room at the Top

Postby yipyipcoyote » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:35 am

This thread is fast becoming another "New Wave Cemetery" thread we had a while ago [xx(]

btw Patrick Miller of Minimal Man is another one who bit the dust. Closely related to Tuxedomoon too.
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby badgerking » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:51 pm

Hi, I have recently heard the song "Gangster Rock" by Felony, and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a copy of this song. Much obliged, Alex.
badgerking
Running Up That Hill

Postby stupidwhiteball » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:19 am

Hi, where did you hear "Gangster Rock" by Felony? I know that before they released the "Fanatic" album they were in an old horror movie called Graduation Day (1981) playing at a roller skating rink. I can't remember the track they played but that might be it. I guess you'd have to burn the track from the vhs/dvd. I seem to remember they were wearing "gangster" outfits so that's my best guess.
stupidwhiteball
Take On Me

Postby badgerking » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:19 am

Yeah, that was it, it's a bit of a dodgy, fairly predictable movie, but I got it for 99p, so I can't complain really. Yes, it was that song, and was kind of hoping they'd done a studio version of the song, as the movie version has dialogue and screaming over the top, which is a bit off putting. Will have a go anyway. Cheers.
badgerking
Running Up That Hill

Postby MarkusExMachina » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:12 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jimbo[/i]
<br>When the heck did Falco die?

Do you think that God finally punished him for one too many re-mixes of "Rock Me Amadeus"? :)

[/quote]

im not sure, but some 10 yrs ago. crashed his jeep one night in dominican republic, on cocaine,as they say. have been to the place where it happened. R.I.P.
MarkusExMachina
Running Up That Hill

Postby dkk61 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:50 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by badgerking[/i]
<br>Yeah, that was it, it's a bit of a dodgy, fairly predictable movie, but I got it for 99p, so I can't complain really. Yes, it was that song, and was kind of hoping they'd done a studio version of the song, as the movie version has dialogue and screaming over the top, which is a bit off putting. Will have a go anyway. Cheers.
[/quote]

I have a copy of gangster rock that was recorded live from the board that I'll look for and make a few copys. Its not exactly studio perfect but I like it anyway. Joes doing fine and still playing guitar, art is in sweden,danny still in calif playing piano, doug still around(orig bass palyer) Louie still in LA playing bass.I even have a partial recording of pleasure cruise I'll have to look for that was recorded live in studio. Dave K.
dkk61
Running Up That Hill

Postby gabby » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:26 am

Hey Felony Dudes, It's Gabby from Tennessee. I was just doing a little research on my old L.A. years when I ran across this board. I have quiet a few memories of the Felony years.
gabby
Running Up That Hill

Postby felonybaby » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:49 am

I know these are old post but hey i thought i would check it out. See my dad is Jeffrey Spry and he was the lead singer of Felony. I see alot on here that gets my attention some songs that are said to be out and I cant help but wonder how??

Im the daughter of Jeffrey Spry Lead singer of Felony
felonybaby
Running Up That Hill

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?