Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

What Became Of Felony Of The Fanatic Fame?

Inquiries and discussions about new wave artists and what happened to them.

Postby technoir » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:25 am

I'm a huge Felony fan too. Ive been searching for "Animal" from Friday the 13th part 6 for years, the Ganster Rock song from Graduation Day as well.I thought I was the only one copying down bands at the end of horror flix.Somebodys gotta throw those two songs on limewire.
technoir
Take On Me

Postby erdprod » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:47 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by mrmedieval[/i]
<br>I went down the Posts and saw that someone said that jeffrey's wife was named Lucrecia. I knew his wife and that wasn't her name, though it could have been her stage name at the time. She was one of the most beautiful women I've ever met.

His suicide was very rough on the wife and children he left behind.
[/quote]

You're thinking of his second wife, Tamara, who came around the Vigallante period. Lucrecia was Pre Gangster of Rock and post Fanatic. If you see the video (now on You Tube) you'll see her in the bar sequence. Her band also opened for their show at Florentine Gardens in 1983 (I think).
erdprod
Running Up That Hill

Postby erdprod » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:57 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by felonybaby[/i]
<br>I know these are old post but hey i thought i would check it out. See my dad is Jeffrey Spry and he was the lead singer of Felony. I see alot on here that gets my attention some songs that are said to be out and I cant help but wonder how??

Im the daughter of Jeffrey Spry Lead singer of Felony
[/quote]

I knew Jeffrey and worked with his first wife, Lucrecia. As for how, the Fanatic is on the Valley Girl soundtrack which is still in release. Also Richard Blade's compliation has that and it's still in release. Richard Blade was a big fan of Felony, he was a program host at KROQ for ages. Also Joe Spry keeps the project alive. He commissioned a remix of the Fanatic and he did remixes of Vigallante. Joe, I guess, technically owns the Vigallante, it was done on their own Indy label and he was also a songwriter on the song so he has legal rights. Scotti Bros/CBS may also keep it alive to a degree. Plus there are lots of peer to peer sharers out there. Also a lot of people sell old, used records on the internet. This is mostly legal or gray area. There's no big money in it. That money came when the song was first released. It's mostly about keeping the song alive for generations so that maybe you can see or hear it if you don't have a copy-- and copies are rare.
erdprod
Running Up That Hill

Postby GuardianAngel » Fri May 01, 2009 1:15 pm

I knew Jeff Spry's wife Tamara in the early 90s, shortly before his death. I never met Jeff, although he was around. At the time, the two of them were working on a project called "The Summoned", which to my knowledge never took off. They were living in Las Vegas with their two girls, Natasha and Desiree. I wrote some songs, but they were not really very interested in them. Tamara was a beautiful, talented woman with a great sense of humor. She had a difficult life, and I was terribly shocked to learn of Jeff's suicide many years later. I'm sure it was a terribly traumatic time for her and the girls when it happened. My heart goes out to them. Our friendship ended on a sour note, and I have always regreted that. I wish I could change so much about that time. I would do it all diffrently now if I could. Anyway, I hope Tamara and the girls have found some peace and happiness today.

Gaurdian Angel
GuardianAngel
Running Up That Hill

Postby felonybaby » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:08 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by stupidwhiteball[/i]
<br>I have compiled a two CD set entitled "Felony-The Complete Recordings". It includes 38 tracks.
Including:
-The Fanatic album (10 tracks from CD)
-In The Name of Rock N Roll album (10 tracks from CD)
-Vigilante EP (6 tracks from vinyl) Modern Rome/I'm No Animal/Ruler in My Mind/Vigilante/Shake the Demon/Spinning Red
-Pied Piper single (from 7")long version
-All of Us EP/12" (3 tracks from vinyl) includes 2 remixes of "Vigilante" and "All of Us"
-In The Name of Rock N Roll demos (4 tracks from LP) Gladiator School/Passion/Youth/Bad Guy
-Demos (4 tracks from cassette) Hey Billy/Bless The Pain/World Gone Wild/If You Want Blood
The quality on all is awesome (except the last demos from the cassette)

This covers everything they released and some unreleased stuff (I also have a few cuts with the singer singing in a metallish/punk band called New Order (not the "Blue Monday" New Order). If anyone has anything I don't have please let me know.
[/quote]
HI my name is Natasha Spry daughter of Jeffrey Spry (Felony) would it be possible for you to make me a copy of that cd you compiled. I would be forever grateful. My dads music is all I have of him! to hear his voice and keep his memory alive. It would be so dear to my heart. Please let me know> thank you so much if you would be so kind to do that. email me at azbunny2@yahoo.com

Im the daughter of Jeffrey Scott Spry Lead singer of Felony.
felonybaby
Running Up That Hill

Postby Tamara Rawlings Spry » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:21 am

[quote]Originally posted by newwavepopman
[br]I have "The Fanatic" album by Felony and was always wondering whatever became of them.Does anyone know? Thanks.

[/quote] I am forever the wife of Jeffrey Scott Spry. His muscial works have been sold off to fund his brother Joe Spry's music efforts. In the end Joe declared " Brothers at War" Joe's wife Sonja said Jeffrey was "incompetant" ~ Joe demanded to sing half an album & put out songs that Jeffrey really did not like. It was an ugly battle. Meanwhile "In the Name of Rock N Roll" caught a capital record deal. Jeffrey was sent to Goodnight Studio's to record it (Joe had not allowed Jeffrey)Joe was making money off the "investors' and keeping it. A Capital deal was made. Joe blew up and threw a chair in the exec's. office saying if Jeffrey is singing I don't want the deal! Needless to say they were blacklisted out at once! It's a shame, for those of you that don't know...Jeffrey was the only one Scotti Bros.(CBS) wanted to keep. Jeffrey left in honor of his brother. That honor was never to be returned in his life. It took his life.

Tamara Rawlings Spry
Tamara Rawlings Spry
Running Up That Hill

Postby Tamara Rawlings Spry » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:44 am

I found this and many other claims by Joe Spry to be the Lead singer of Felony ~ pushing out Jeffrey Scott Spry & riding them coat-tails!!!
http://unionjack67.deviantart.com/?offset=20
it is his friend so they might change the web view but here it is :

Kanawormz and the Irony of it all: sat jul 25 2009 12:23pm
In the summer of 2008, I met a guy by the name of Bill Simmons when when my g/f and I were working for the Forest Service in the Eastern Sierras.

Bill Simmons is a guitar player in a band named Kanawormz. Bill and I rode many a mile on our quads and became friends.

Bill introduced me to another guy named Joe who was the lead singer and founder of Felony. Joe had a religious experience and started a christian band called Kanawormz. Kanawormz had a top 40 hit with a remake of Spirit in the Sky.

I originally approached Joe and Bill about being the band's photographer. Things progressed over the course of a year and I've now been put in charge of rebuilding the band's website.

To give you a little background on the band, it consists of Joe "Spry", Bill Simmons, Micheal Leasure, Fred Mandel, and John Alvia.

Joe: Lead Singer formally of Felony
Micheal Leasure: Drummer who has toured with several bands including Edgar Winters and Walter Trout
Fred Mandel: Keyboards. He's played on albums with Alice Cooper, Elton John, Queen, and Pink Floyd
John Alvia: Formally of Oingo Boingo and Food For Feet

The band wants to promote itself and I told Joe that he needed to get his Website looking more professional and give it some pop. Currently it looks like it was thrown together on short notice.

Over the last several months, I've been working behind the scenes in promotion of the band and helping them get more presentable. Joe originally stated that he wanted to book at Viper Room, Whisky-a-go-go, and some other big name places. After some discussion I convinced him that was the wrong venue and the idea of having to pay to play wasn't really what the band needed.

I suggested that they tour the mega churches who pay $2000+ a gig, not to mention a "love offering".

I suggested he get the band's website in order so they have a professional way to promote themselves when churches start asking questions about the type of music they play, what they look like and so on. I happened to mention that I have extensive experience with web site building and he asked me to help them out.

I have no idea when or how much money will come down the line to me, but I'm thrilled to be involved with guys who had an influence on me growing up.

The talent is there, it's just a matter of promotion. The band recently released a new CD. Kanawormz Vol II. They rereleased Spirt in the Sky on the album and are pushing Supernaturally for radio play.

Those of you who have read my posts know that the irony of all of this is.

Anyway, my schedule is extremely busy between my involvement with the band and my photography.

Joe wrote me this morning telling me that he'd like to have the website finished in a week. I was a little shocked considering that the whole site needs do over from scratch. There isn't anything to work with there.

Anyway, life has been busy for me.

Tamara Rawlings Spry
Tamara Rawlings Spry
Running Up That Hill

Postby rk2585 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:24 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by stupidwhiteball[/i]
<br>I have compiled a two CD set entitled "Felony-The Complete Recordings". It includes 38 tracks.
Including:
-The Fanatic album (10 tracks from CD)
-In The Name of Rock N Roll album (10 tracks from CD)
-Vigilante EP (6 tracks from vinyl) Modern Rome/I'm No Animal/Ruler in My Mind/Vigilante/Shake the Demon/Spinning Red
-Pied Piper single (from 7")long version
-All of Us EP/12" (3 tracks from vinyl) includes 2 remixes of "Vigilante" and "All of Us"
-In The Name of Rock N Roll demos (4 tracks from LP) Gladiator School/Passion/Youth/Bad Guy
-Demos (4 tracks from cassette) Hey Billy/Bless The Pain/World Gone Wild/If You Want Blood
The quality on all is awesome (except the last demos from the cassette)

This covers everything they released and some unreleased stuff (I also have a few cuts with the singer singing in a metallish/punk band called New Order (not the "Blue Monday" New Order). If anyone has anything I don't have please let me know.
[/quote]

stupidwhiteball is the comp still available? How can I get one, Thanks
rk2585
Take On Me

Previous

Return to Whatever happened to? / Where are they now?