Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Favourite Duran Duran Song For Today

Discuss your favorite songs, artists or post your top ten lists from the new wave era or related genres.

Postby latebar » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:58 am

Yes i heard release date for DD new cd has been pushed back to Sept from unconfirmed resourses. Disappointed but hardly a surprise, i was prepared for the delay news hmmmm...

Death of my 80s icon....Colin Thurston passed away few days ago. sad.
http://www.lizardkingduran.com/forums/f ... wPost.aspx

Song for today...

Do You Believe In Shame?
for Colin
latebar
The Jet Set

Postby latebar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:40 am

According to several sources the first single "Night Runner" from the new album will be out May 6th. Here the unofficial tracklist:

CD1
Night Runner (Single Mix)
Traumatised (Dave Ross Remix)

CD2
Night Runner (Album version)
Night Runner (Dready Dancehall Mix)
Night Runner (Ben Hudson Urban Mix)
latebar
The Jet Set

Postby rotator » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:20 am

song of the day : "Tiger, Tiger"
rotator
Room at the Top

Postby TragicMagic » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:35 am

Hey.. can fellow Duranies help out us Aussies?!?!

Countdown have a poll on their website for upcoming tour artists.. one of which is Duran Duran. Now; sources tell me that there is no link between countdown and a tour and if DD tour Australia, it will be separate from this event, HOWEVER, it is the principal. We also believe this poll has been rigged in favour of the band "Taste" who'm nobody in Australia has even heard of.. even though I think they are Australian.. yet somehow they are leading by miles.

There are heaps of us voting for Duran Duran, however the % is moving veeeeeery slowly!

here is the link:

http://www.countdown.com.au/index.asp?

Any votes appreciated!!

TM
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Postby latebar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:35 pm

Hi TM, i have voted DD for u. cheers!!
OMG, is BayCityRollers still doing tours? how old are they now?

song for today....Love Voodoo!!
latebar
The Jet Set

Postby empyrean » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:28 pm

I found my old DD cassettes and im listening to

The Seventh Stranger and

Girls on Film.

Hey latebar....keep us updated on the new DD album. I just hope it will be released in our country. You're a die hard Duranie, arent you?? [:D][:D][:D]
empyrean
Room at the Top

Postby Spaz » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:16 am

"Rainy Season" by Howard Devoto.

I know it's not Duran Duran....or even related to Duran Duran...but I'm never in the mood to hear DD. Except 'New Moon On Monday'.

But I'll still stick with 'Rainy Season' by Howard Devoto as my fave DD song of the day.

SPAZ
Born of innocence. Free of ignorance.
Spaz
The Jet Set

Postby latebar » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:49 am

Hi empyrean, yes i will keep a look out for the new DD, definitely. Cant wait for the new single & i hope the cd will be avialable worldwide, dont worry abt that.
U got it right, im a die-hard Duranie LOL. HOw about yourself? I heard Union Of the Snake back in 1984 & that got me hooked. I didnt like Reflex that much then & DD was a band i NEVER heard before. Aft listening to 7 & the Ragged Tiger, i went out & bought DD & Rio & the whole DD-mania just exploded in my life. Ever since then, i had a new religion[:D] hahaha
latebar
The Jet Set

Postby empyrean » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:23 am

I like DD but not that die hard. My first DD album is Arena. Then i bought Seven And The Ragged Tiger which features my favorite DD song, Im Looking For The Cracks In The Pavement. I have DD's DVD Greatest, a collection of their videos, but you know that already. [:D][;)]
empyrean
Room at the Top

Postby TragicMagic » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:52 pm

Thanks for the vote latebar.. knew _YOU_ would come through ;-)

Keep on voting if you have the time!!

Looking forward to the new single.. hopefully all the sacrifice for this new sound will be worth it.

TM
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Postby latebar » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:45 am

empyrean, i remember that time i bought Arena too on cassette. WildBoys was all the rage. was slightly embarrased cos Simon was singing out of tune in some songs. My fav band, out of tune??!! LOL well, i later discovered bands doing live usually not as perfect sounding as them on records. pheww what a relieve [:D] those were the days when i was young & innocent! Arena nonetheless ROCKED!! GREAT ENERGY & brilliant use of saxaphone in some tracks(am referring to "saxaphone" topic that came up in NWOP)

TM, u are welcome. i checked Countdown, voted for 2nd time, DD was still at 8%. mmmmm fishy, this. hehe. I like the way u use the word "sacrifice" in your last post hahaha. yeah i hope it will be worth it too. I got some rotten eggs at home, all ready for Timberlake/Timbaland if they ever mess up my fav band[:D]

empyrean, u got me listening to Arena again....song for today....
the booty-rockin CARELESS MEMORIES(Arena Version)
latebar
The Jet Set

Postby KYYX4ever » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:13 am

I voted for DD, too.[:)]

Still love these guys, though it's their old music (1st 3 albums) that does it for me. Man! What energy, what fun, what melodies !
I was also rockin' out to "Careless Memories" again today.
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby TragicMagic » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:35 am

^ Nice work, ta!

TM
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Postby latebar » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:52 am

Andy Sings??!! Come Back doesn't sound like Andy singing but i like it very much, very Dave Stewart & Spiritual Cowboys. Warning Signs is ok but not great, horrible verse but uplifting chorus LOL
http://duranduran.no/cms/index.php?opti ... 4&Itemid=1

KYYX4ever, yeah the first 3 albums also did it for me. classic DD for sure!

song for today....Come Back...[;)]snigger
latebar
The Jet Set

Postby empyrean » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:07 pm

Electric Barbarella. Nice video.
empyrean
Room at the Top

PreviousNext

Return to Top Ten Lists / Best of the Era