Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

WXB102 TOP10 NEW WAVE HITS

Discuss your favorite songs, artists or post your top ten lists from the new wave era or related genres.

WXB102 TOP10 NEW WAVE HITS

Postby DSR » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:40 pm

Last July 2006 WXB102 internet radio had conducted a poll of the TOP 102MUSIC(NEW WAVE SONGS from THE STATION THAT DARES TO BE DIFFERENT). These means the TOP 102 songs from the NEW WAVE era in Manila during the 80s.Just to share the results given to me by MIKE SUTTON who tallied the votes.

Here are the final TOP10 NEW WAVE SONGS:

1. ENVELOPED IDEAS - the Dawn
2. TWO RIVERS - the Adventures
3. TEARS - the Chameleons
4. I MELT WITH YOU - Modern English
5. EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD - Tears for Fears
6. LOVE WILL TEAR US APART - Joy Division
7. FRIDAY I’M IN LOVE - the Cure
8. STATE OF THE NATION - Industry
9. THE KILLING MOON - Echo & the Bunnymen
10. MORE TO LOSE - Seona Dancing

All 102 songs with ties on the ranking would be counted down on the WXB102 net radio this SEPTEMBER 2006 by the LEGENDARY XB DJs.

[:)]An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
DR. STIRRING RHOD
DSR
The Jet Set

Postby rotator » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:39 am

It seems to me that The Dawn may have had an 'in' as it were, on this poll...
rotator
Room at the Top

Postby DSR » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:06 pm

THE DAWN was the prime FILIPINO NEW WAVE ACT in the 80s![8D] ENVELOPED IDEAS was their first smashing hit and became a FILIPINO NEW WAVE anthem back then. It was first played on WXB102 in 1987 as a DEMO TAPE version and then the moment the 12" Vinyl Single was released I remember everyone at school back in 1987 went to buy their own copies on ODYSSEY RECORDS of course that includes me.[:D] The 12" Vinyl Single was first released and their DEBUT album followed next and of course ENVELOPED IDEAS was the first single on the album.[;)] It was definitely a good feeling that finally a FILIPINO NEW WAVE BAND was acknowledge.[;)]

Know more about THE DAWN with this link:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... dgb2ola~T1

THE DAWN is still rocking up to now(2006) with the current trend of FILIPINO ROCK ACTS that is spreading in the FILIPINO MUSIC SCENE.

Their New Band LineUp(2006)
JETT PANGAN- Vocals
JUNBOY LEONOR- Drums
FRANCIS REYES- Guitars
BUDDY ZABALA- Bass (Their New Member: Former member of the phenomenal Filipino alternative rock act of the 90s THE ERASERHEADS which was another PINOY ROCK ICON).

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DAWN!![;)]

Listen to the WXB102 COUNTDOWN on SEPTEMBER 10,2006!
Here is the link:
http://www.live365.com/stations/xb_102?tm=1134617209

DR. STIRRING RHOD
DSR
The Jet Set

Postby empyrean » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:26 am

What??? No Identity Crisis?? I think they are better than The Dawn with songs like Whispering Castles and Imagining Oktober. Where the hell are they now??

time in limited supply,under threat of extinction,that indefinable nothing, somehow motivates you, finding the right words, can be a problem,
empyrean
Room at the Top

Postby DSR » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:28 am

Well, I must agree to you P.S. that IDENTITY CRISIS sounded better.[8D] I have both their albums remastered to CDs. Only one Identity Crisis song got into the top 102songs and it's "MY SANCTUARY" which went to #53. I guess the 800plus voters who voted weren't into IDENTITY CRISIS which of course was also introduced by WXB102.

DR. STIRRING RHOD
DSR
The Jet Set

Postby suttonrecords » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:24 am

IC got some votes but I only asked for Top 10's from listeners and "My Sanctuary" made it onto a huge number of those.

[quote][i]Originally posted by DSR[/i]
<br>Well, I must agree to you P.S. that IDENTITY CRISIS sounded better.[8D] I have both their albums remastered to CDs. Only one Identity Crisis song got into the top 102songs and it's "MY SANCTUARY" which went to #53. I guess the 800plus voters who voted weren't into IDENTITY CRISIS which of course was also introduced by WXB102.

DR. STIRRING RHOD
[/quote]

Michael Sutton
CEO/Sutton Records
http://www.suttonrecords.com
suttonrecords
Personal Jesus

Postby DSR » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:11 pm

Well, I hope COOL CARLA and the rest of the guys would remaster their works on CD.[;)] Any luck MIKE with the NEW WAVE OPM LISTS I send you? [;)]

DSR
DSR
The Jet Set

Return to Top Ten Lists / Best of the Era