Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Worst Things About The 80's!

Discuss your favorite songs, artists or post your top ten lists from the new wave era or related genres.

Postby Vampirella » Tue May 02, 2006 1:51 pm

Hello from a newb. [8D] I've been sitting here reading this thread and laughing out loud. Every time I see a picture from the 80s, the first thing that reaches out and scares me is the RBH (Really Big Hair). I mean, that stuff was big and scary. Talk about Bride of Frankenstein. I'm surprised everyone didn't just go bald from all the damage their hair suffered.

"I may be bad, but I feel good."
Vampirella
Switchin' to Glide

Postby WolverineSyr » Tue May 02, 2006 10:32 pm

Welcome aboard Vamp!
WolverineSyr
Room at the Top

Postby hutter » Mon May 08, 2006 6:49 am

Here's some more 80's God-awfulness...
http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php? ... C11A86A8AD
hutter
Room at the Top

Postby danelf » Sun May 28, 2006 2:27 pm

Have you ever been invited to a RETRO 80's Party only to go there and find EVERYTHING you hated about the 80's maximized to the greatest extent possible?? God it pisses me off... Here's a list of songs that are played NO MATTER WHAT whenever you go to one of these things...

"Celebration" - Kool & The Gang, "Gloria" - Laura Branigan, "You Shook Me All Night Long" - AC/DC, "Old Time Rock 'n Roll" - Bob Seger, "We built This City" - Starship, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - Cindy Lauper, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" - Whitney "Crack is Whack" Houston, "Conga" - Miami Sound Machine, "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" - Wham, "You Give Love A Bad Name" - Bon Jovi...

My list could go on and on, but frankly, it's depressing the crap out of me, so I'll stop now... thanks.
danelf
Switchin' to Glide

Previous

Return to Top Ten Lists / Best of the Era