Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

The Blue Nile - 2007 US Tour!!!!

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

The Blue Nile - 2007 US Tour!!!!

Postby Otters Walk Among Us » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:31 pm

Awesome.

ATLANTA variety playhouse 13th feb 8pm
ALEXANDRIA, VA birchmere 15th feb 7.30pm
PHILADELPHIA world cafe live (wxpn studios) 16th feb 7.30pm
NEW YORK concert hall-NY society/ethical culture 17th feb 8pm
BOSTON paradise rock club 18th feb 8pm
MONTREAL le national 20th feb 9pm
TORONTO mod club 21st feb 9pm
CHICAGO black orchid showroom 23rd feb
MINNEAPOLIS fine line music cafe 24th feb 9pm
SAN FRANCISCO palace of fine arts theatre 27th feb 8pm
LOS ANGELES avalon 1st march 8pm
ANAHEIM house of blues 2nd march 9pm

http://www.the-blue-nile.com/
Otters Walk Among Us
The Jet Set

Postby drsevrin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:33 pm

Wow. Thanks, Otters. Awesome is an understatement. I missed a chance to see these blokes in San Francisco in 89 due to a bad case of the flu and a temp of 104. I never tried so hard to drag my ass out of bed, but I couldn't do it. Serious regrets ever since. Rave reviews in the Examiner followed shortly thereafter. A Walk Across the Rooftops will always be among my alltime favorite albums - since 84 I've never tired of it. This calls for a road trip. Anyone seen them lately?
drsevrin
Personal Jesus

Postby Otters Walk Among Us » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:32 am

I saw them at the Roxy in Hollywood in 199something. Very well worth a road trip.

I remember someone in the crowd yelled "I love you, Paul" and Paul just smiled and replied "Yeah, but love never lasts, does it?" Which got a sympathetic "awwwwwww" from all the women in attendance.
Otters Walk Among Us
The Jet Set

Postby schwenko » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:48 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Otters Walk Among Us[/i]
<br>I saw them at the Roxy in Hollywood in 199something. Very well worth a road trip.

I remember someone in the crowd yelled "I love you, Paul" and Paul just smiled and replied "Yeah, but love never lasts, does it?" Which got a sympathetic "awwwwwww" from all the women in attendance.
[/quote]

I assume that is/was the Hats tour? In their more recent tours have they been doing the "old" material (Stay, Tinseltown In the Rain)?
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Otters Walk Among Us » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:26 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
I assume that is/was the Hats tour? In their more recent tours have they been doing the "old" material (Stay, Tinseltown In the Rain)?
[/quote]

No, Hats came out in '89, and I didn't move to LA until '93. I think it was a short promo tour right before Peace At Last was released. They certainly performed everything you'd want to hear from the early albums. I remember that several months later a longer tour of slightly bigger places was announced and then cancelled soon after.

It seems strange that they'd just now tour for High, which was released 2 years ago. I hope it goes through, they are fantastic live.
Otters Walk Among Us
The Jet Set

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews