Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons Reforming?

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons Reforming?

Postby Like_Music_88 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:12 pm

After 23 years, it seems the old Aussie All-around-New Wave band from the late 70s/early are getting back together with a new CD.

Jo Jo Zep/Falcons are best remembered for their hits 'So Young' (covered by Elvis Costello), 'Shape I'm In' and the classic 'Hit 'n' Run' in the late 70s.

Sadly, the band disbanded in 1981, never reaching their full potential. With a new recorded album, the band are currently hunting for a record deal.
Like_Music_88
Take On Me

Postby fabfourever » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:16 pm

Unlike back then in the early 80's,I bet it never sees light of day here in the US when it comes out? Just like Mental As Anything's newer CD's don't see light f day in the US anymore.Thier very last domestic was in 1989 called "Cyclone Raymond" But The M
fabfourever
Switchin' to Glide

Postby MikeP » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:08 am

That's good news about Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons. Being in the States, I started getting into them only a few years ago, but what great stuff! "Don't Wanna Come Down" is amazing. The Sports were a great, overlooked Oz band as well.
MikeP
President Am I

Postby fabfourever » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:11 pm

As well as The Reels too,they were also overlooked.At least here in the sates.I loved The Sports Mike myself."Who Listens To The Radio" and "Strangers On A Train" Great stuff.I liked alot of those Australian New Wave artists that came from down under.
fabfourever
Switchin' to Glide

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews