Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Idols of the 80's - Australia concert

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Idols of the 80's - Australia concert

Postby dcs84 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:35 pm

About a week ago I went to a concert at a local dancetaria here in Canberra, Australia with some trepidation to see a concert titled "Idols of the 80's". It was a concert with Psuedo Echo (two members anyway), and Scott Carne the lead singer of Kids in the Kitchen, Dale Rider lead singer with Boom Crash Opera, and Brian Mannix lead singer with an Oz band from the early 80's called The Uncanny X-men. In case there is any confusion all of the above are Australian bands who were successful here in the 80's.

I have to admit, it was grand. I had never seen any of the above in their prime and to get the opportunity to see them was great, even if they were middle aged.

In what seems to be a standard for these sort of concerts they eached played about three of their big hits. It was a successsful formula with Psuedo Echo bookending the entire affair.

The voices were all very strong and the songs intensely memorable especially the Scott Carne (Kids in the Kitchen) set. As Brian Canham of Psuedo Echo said about the KINK song Current Stand "that was one of the best songs of the 80's".

I'm all for these come back tours especially if the protagonists themselves are keen. All the acts seemed genuinely thrilled performing and it translated to a kicking concert.
dcs84
Take On Me

Postby Ollie Stench » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:59 am

Decidedly NOT new wave, but what's the story on The Angels? I had heard they split into 2 bands, but then there was talk of a reunion show/tour/album?

Radio Birdman is in the studio writing/recording a new album.

Sounds like its a great time to be
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby dcs84 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:08 pm

As for not being New Wave, here we go again. I agree not Uncanny X-men and Boom Crash Opera, but there could be a strong argument in favour of Kids in the Kitchen and Psuedo Echo being included under the NW Marquee.

Kids in the Kitchen were often and
dcs84
Take On Me

Postby Ollie Stench » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:54 am

I swapped records with a guy in Australia once, we were trading punk records. When I enquired about Angels records he deridrd me to no end. I guess they're kinda considered the Bon Jovi down there!?!

I got turned on to alot of Aussie bands thru the 2
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews