Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Tears for Fears and Spandau Ballet - Australia

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Tears for Fears and Spandau Ballet - Australia

Postby TragicMagic » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Saw These 2 bands Monday night in Adelaide, South Australia.

I went-in mostly wanting to see Tears for Fears and hoping Spandau were going to be good.

I left liking and respecting them both more than when I went in and thought both performances were fantastic. Spandau were considerably better than I thought they may be. Hadley's voice seems even better than in 'the day' and on the whole the music was tight and faithful. They were full of energy and really gave it 100%.. sensational. The Kemp brothers and Tony Hadley were also kind enough to sign some items and have some photo's with us after the gig, and seemed genuinely happy to oblige.

Given they were acting as support to Spandau, T4F did not play long enough (for my liking), I'd like to have seen them do a show of their own to really get the most out of their performance. Like T.Hadley, Roland's voice has stood the test of time giving faithful renditions of many of their top hits. Their male backup singer has a voice range capable of sounding distinctly female, and gave rise to several cheers and claps within songs like "Woman in Chains", it was quite amazing.

Anyone thinking of catching either of these bands on their current tour should definately do so!

A top night all-round!
TM
TragicMagic
Room at the Top

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews