Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Peter Hook Presents...

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Peter Hook Presents...

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:23 am

...Unknown Pleasures

Washington, DC 9:30 Club (December 1)
Philadelphia, PA Voyeur (2)
New York, NY Webster Hall (3)
Boston, MA Royale Nightclub (4)
Chicago, IL Double Door (6)
Seattle, WA Showbox At The Market (7)
Portland, OR Doug Fir (9)
San Francisco, CA Mezzanine (10)

Tickets going on sale as early as Friday in some places, perhaps to strike before the reviews come online such as this one - "peter hook making goofy surfing bird type noises over joy division tracks performed by what appeared to be a slightly pubescent deftones tribute act."
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby schwenko » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:00 am

[quote]Originally posted by Blir
[br]...Unknown Pleasures

Washington, DC 9:30 Club (December 1)
Philadelphia, PA Voyeur (2)
New York, NY Webster Hall (3)
Boston, MA Royale Nightclub (4)
Chicago, IL Double Door (6)
Seattle, WA Showbox At The Market (7)
Portland, OR Doug Fir (9)
San Francisco, CA Mezzanine (10)

Tickets going on sale as early as Friday in some places, perhaps to strike before the reviews come online such as this one - "peter hook making goofy surfing bird type noises over joy division tracks performed by what appeared to be a slightly pubescent deftones tribute act."
[/quote]

So which gig are you going to?[:D]
schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by schwenko[/i]
<br>So which gig are you going to?[:D]
[/quote]
Since I'll be in DC that Wednesday, it'll depend largely on price. Train wrecks can be fascinating things...for <$10. For >$10, I can keep myself entertained. [:I]
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:25 am

I see that he hasn't given up on this and that in fact an LA date has been added on the 11th. I profess to a grotesquely morbid curiosity. Still doesn't mean I'm going.

Anyone else? With this grotesque morbid curiosity I mean.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Phoenix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:59 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Frau_Blucher[/i]
<br>I see that he hasn't given up on this and that in fact an LA date has been added on the 11th. I profess to a grotesquely morbid curiosity. Still doesn't mean I'm going.

Anyone else? With this grotesque morbid curiosity I mean.
[/quote]

Where's he playing on the 11th, I *might* go, maybe we can meet up before hand? Are tix $10 for this show too?

"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:08 am

$10?! Hahahah! it's at the Music Box at Henry Fonda which isI a dinner theater style arrangement up front with balcony in the back. It's therefore $75 to $250! F*ck me in the ass and call me Shirley! WTF?!
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby dj-nak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:47 am

There is no "dinner" style set up at the Music Box. There's a general admission standing floor and a seated g/a balcony.
dj-nak
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:20 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by dj-nak[/i]
<br>There is no "dinner" style set up at the Music Box. There's a general admission standing floor and a seated g/a balcony.
[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification. I have seen the table style setup there before though.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Phoenix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm

<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by dj-nak[/i]
<br>There is no "dinner" style set up at the Music Box. There's a general admission standing floor and a seated g/a balcony.
[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification. I have seen the table style setup there before though.
[/quote]

Regardless, if what you say about the price holds true? then the folks who run the Music Box, need to get their fucking heads examined, as NO ONE's going to pay $50-$100 bucks a pop for Peter Hook. Im sorry, I love NO, and JD, but thats way too much for one guy. If it were NO? I could maybe see that price. Dont expect to see alot of folks @ this show, if there are, then thats just foolishness on their parts to spend that kind of dough, to see one guy, who basically broke up a great band, for being a huge douche.

"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby dj-nak » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:53 am

Not quite sure that you're talking about re: the ticket prices. Tickets for this show are $28.80 each (total-including the service fees).

I have no desire to see the show, but at least get the facts straight before you start whining.
dj-nak
Switchin' to Glide

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:26 am

<br>Not quite sure that you're talking about re: the ticket prices. Tickets for this show are $28.80 each (total-including the service fees).

I have no desire to see the show, but at least get the facts straight before you start whining.
[/quote]
Will do cunt.

BTW Phoenix, I confused it with the Showbox gig, which does indeed have the ludicrous prices mentioned above, but I maybe the Seattle bourgeois can afford it.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Phoenix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 am

<br>[quote][i]Originally posted by dj-nak[/i]
<br>Not quite sure that you're talking about re: the ticket prices. Tickets for this show are $28.80 each (total-including the service fees).

[/quote]
Will do cunt.

BTW Phoenix, I confused it with the Showbox gig, which does indeed have the ludicrous prices mentioned above, but I maybe the Seattle bourgeois can afford it.
[/quote]

LOL, No worries man. Thats why I was "whining" about the ticket prices. I said "No f&^n way Hooks worth THAT kinda dough by himself".

DJnank, still too much to go see him,IMO.

"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby DJ Phoenix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:03 am

[/quote]
Did you even bother to read the response By Fraun about how tix were "assumed" to be in the $75-$250 range?, or, did you just want to be a dick, with your response? I dont see how either myself or fran were wrong? he assumed that, because it was being held @ a little more classier venue, that tickets wouldnt be anywhere near the $10 they were elsewhere? or, did you not "get" that?

Dont be such a fucking douche about something so minor.....

"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby coop41 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:14 am

[quote]
Did you even bother to read the response By [b]Fraun[/b] about how tix were "assumed" to be in the $75-$250 range?, or, did you just want to be a dick, with your response? I dont see how either myself or [b]fran[/b] were wrong? he assumed that, because it was being held @ a little more classier venue, that tickets wouldnt be anywhere near the $10 they were elsewhere? or, did you not "get" that?

[b]Dont be such a fucking douche about something so minor.....[/b]

[/quote]

It's Frau
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by coop41[/i]
<br>[quote]
Did you even bother to read the response By [b]Fraun[/b] about how tix were "assumed" to be in the $75-$250 range?, or, did you just want to be a dick, with your response? I dont see how either myself or [b]fran[/b] were wrong? he assumed that, because it was being held @ a little more classier venue, that tickets wouldnt be anywhere near the $10 they were elsewhere? or, did you not "get" that?

[b]Dont be such a fucking douche about something so minor.....[/b]
[/quote]
It's Frau
[/quote]
Especially after that post. It's turned my fraun upside daun.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Next

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews