Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Thompson Twins-Into The Gap (Deluxe Edition)(EDSEL

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Thompson Twins-Into The Gap (Deluxe Edition)(EDSEL

Postby NewWaveKid » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:44 am

Perhaps this is what fans have been dying for!

Track listing:
Great!!! The whole "Into The Gap" album is here along with 12" mixes and B Sides. And cassette remixes are also included!Its a CD that should be a definitely be a must have for Thompson Twins Fans!

Mastering:
I would say that the mastering on the 2 CDs are pretty decent! Considering that some tracks are ripped from Vynal the recordings are very good! very few pops can be heard on songs with a long intro.

other:
A must have! Im a proud owner of this CD and i must say its spectacular. Im only 13 so the 12" Mixes and B-Sides were new to me. But if you were living in the 80s you would probably remember having the lp singles of these mixes/b sides. Excellent!

-NewWaveKid

NWK
NewWaveKid
Take On Me

Postby obs » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:09 pm

For the price, I can't complain. The worse thing I can say about it are the horrible fold out booklets that it came with.

Be sure to check out "... Side Kick" and "Here's to Future Days" 2CD sets as well. They're on par with Into the Gap.
obs
Room at the Top

Postby NewWaveKid » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:21 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by obs[/i]
<br>For the price, I can't complain. The worse thing I can say about it are the horrible fold out booklets that it came with.

Be sure to check out "... Side Kick" and "Here's to Future Days" 2CD sets as well. They're on par with Into the Gap.
[/quote]

I already have the "Heres To Future Days" and the "Product of/Set" re-issue. I really want the Sidekicks re-issue! just havent gotten around to buying it [:0]

NWK
NewWaveKid
Take On Me

Postby abeeha » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:58 pm

I think I was hoping for another "Thursday Afternoon" (Eno's 1985 epic -Which to this day is still probably one of my favorite Eno tracks, this too clocking in at about one hour in length). "Thursday Afternoon" although exactly similar to 'Neroli's theory (notes meandering around without a tonne of construction - Eno's fractal three dimensional system, whereby the listener can listen to any part of a song and it would appear to be the same as any other part.) 'Thursday Afternoon' has the prerequisite Harold Budd style plinky piano (reverb/echo ad nauseam), but also had that glorious angelic synth babble lightly feathering the background) The result of this, is in a word 'heavenly'.

ABEEHA
abeeha
Running Up That Hill

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews