Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

a-ha final shows, Oslo, 12/2 - 12/4/10

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

a-ha final shows, Oslo, 12/2 - 12/4/10

Postby jaybag » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Last night I saw my third of three a-ha concerts at the Oslo Spectrum. Absolutely incredible shows, the only complaint being that the set list (and the running order) was identical all three nights, with the exception of them playing a cover song the final night written by the man who discovered them ("Bowling Green" by Terry Slater). The concerts were worth it just to hear Morten hold a note for 22 seconds in "Summer Moved On" (he nailed it every time).

So a-ha has finally called it quits after a 25-year career. As an American, it's been so frustrating to be a fan since they were only known as a one-hit wonder (I tell people I'm going to see them live and they say, "hey, you think they'll play 'Take On Me'?" - yeahhh that joke gets funnier every time I hear it). They're the one band about which I'll tell anyone who'll listen how great they were and how they really matured over the years - in fact I think "Take On Me" was one of the worst songs they ever did (though I still like it of course!). Anyway, for those who only know their signature song (or even only their first album), I'd recommend seeking out more of their stuff.
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Postby Frau_Blucher » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:41 am

That's fantastic you were able to experience this jaybag. Congrats. Would be geeked to see some pics of the gig and the Oslo adventure.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby jaybag » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 am

I'll do my best Frau. I can't download them from my camera here anyway, I have to wait 'til I get home in a few days. But I'm not even entirely sure how to put vids or pics on this site (I don't know how some of you do it - I don't even know how to type a word in bold type here - it says "Forum Code is OFF", maybe I need that to be ON?).
jaybag
Personal Jesus

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews