Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Del Fuegos

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Del Fuegos

Postby tileboy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:33 pm

This one came out of nowhere.

Read on for full press release and show info.

Boston’s The Del Fuegos Reunite to Support Right Turn Addiction Services—The Paradise June 23rd

TICKETS ON SALE TODAY (Sat, 1/29) AT NOON!

After disbanding in the late 1980s, the various members of The Del Fuegos have gone on to remarkable second lives. Today, however, we are pleased to announce that all four original members will come together for a one-time reunion show. This benefit performance will support an organization that has established itself as one of the Boston area’s shining lights: Right Turn Addiction Services, founded by Del Fuego drummer Woody Giessmann.
The Del Fuegos achieved international success in the mid-1980s and are still remembered for their high energy live shows as much as for their radio hits, including “Don’t Run Wild,” “Backseat Nothing,” and “I Still Want You.” Always associated with their beloved hometown, the band made their affections clear with their second album, Boston, Mass. The Del Fuegos toured widely throughout the eighties, on bills with the likes of INXS, ZZ Top, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and many more, and also on their own, drawing crowds of several thousand fans not just in their own region but across the United States and Europe. Named one of Rolling Stone Magazine’s 10 Bands to Watch in 1984, they made good on the promise, to this day remembered as a major player in the history of Boston rock and roll.

Proceeds from the Del Fuegos reunion concert benefit Right Turn Outpatient Services, a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Tickets for the show are $20 in advance, $25 day of the show and available at The Paradise Rock Club and Lounge website www.thedise.com or Box Office at 969 Commonwealth Ave, Boston MA 02215. Call 617-562-8800 for more information.

Direct link for tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/010046382C2CA951
Doors at 7pm – Show time is 8pm
Call 781-464-3800 for more information or www.right-turn.org

0 comments print
Filed Under: anngelle wood, Boston Emissions, boston rock, brother cleve, dan zanes, digney fignus, lizzie borden and the axes, paradise rock club, prime movers, right turn, rock 'n' roll rumble, the del fuegos, til tuesday, Tom Lloyd, Warren Zanes, wbcn, woody giessmann

Read more: Legendary Boston Band The Del Fuegos To Reunite For Charity http://wzlx.radio.com/2011/01/29/news-l ... z1CWrbNc1S
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
tileboy
Room at the Top

Postby coop41 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 am

Whoa! Nice!
coop41
Room at the Top

Postby bigwavedave » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

It would be great to get a reivew of the show if any NWO members attend.

I recently found a couple of their cds from the late 80s that I've been enjoying. On that note, Wounded Bird recently reissued most of their catalog on cd.
bigwavedave
The Jet Set

Postby shred » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:23 am

Ooh, maybe I can convince my wife to let me go to this with my boy, and I'll tell her it a Dan Zanes kids show. Two birds with 1 stone.
shred
Take On Me

Postby tileboy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:49 am

Their reunion shows in Boston this summer has turned into an 11 city tour.
http://www.spin.com/articles/del-fuegos ... union-tour

Feb. 22 - Boston, MA @ The Paradise Rock Club
Feb. 23 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
Feb. 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballroom
Feb. 25 - Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall
Feb. 26 - TBA
Feb. 28 - Minneapolis, MN @ Varsity Club
Feb. 29 - Milwaukee, WI @ Turner Hall
March 1 - St. Louis, MO @ The Old Rock House
March 2 - Kent, OH @ The Kent Stage
March 3 - Brooklyn, NY @ The Bell House
March 4 - Concord, NH @ The Capital Center