Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Wax Trax! Records 33 1/3 Anniv. 4/15-16 Chicago!

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Wax Trax! Records 33 1/3 Anniv. 4/15-16 Chicago!

Postby ebbhead » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Awesome! I may need to go out for this!!

http://cherryberry321.wordpress.com/retrospectacle/

WAX TRAX! RECORDS RETROSPECTACLE COMES TO METRO APRIL 15 & 16, 2011

In honor of the 33 1/3 year anniversary of Wax Trax! Records and the legacy of its creators Jim Nash & Dannie Flesher, The Nash family is producing a 2 night multimedia concert event that will celebrate the legendary Chicago record label and store on April 15th & 16th. The event will feature friends & artists of the Wax Trax! label and store including Front 242, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, Luc Van Acker, Paul Barker, Chris Connelly, En Esch, Guenter Schultz, Raymond Watts, Rights of The Accused and more. In addition to the live performances, there will be special guests as well as an all star cast of Chicago DJ and VJ’s to commemorate the label and store. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at noon, and proceeds will benefit Center On Halsted.

This landmark show is being produced by the Nash family and friends and will honor the influence of Wax Trax! as well as Jim and Dannie. Even before Metro opened in 1982, the venue’s owner Joe Shanahan enjoyed a close relationship with the label and store, one which would result in many joyful nights in Metro in the years to come – Metro is honored to host this once in a lifetime event.

Wax Trax! was not only a ground-breaking music label with an international roster and reach, but also a cultural hub for thousands of Chicagoans and visitors throughout its existence. Jim and Dannie originally started Wax Trax! Records in Denver in 1975, with an emphasis on selling underground and imported music. After relocating to Chicago and opening the Lincoln Avenue store in 1978, it quickly became the heart of Chicago’s emerging punk and art scene. In 1980, after releases from Chicago Punk all-stars Strike Under and international trash-diva Divine, Wax Trax! Records began to solidify their place as electronic pioneers with the addition of Al Jourgensen and Ministry to their roster. Throughout the 1980’s Wax Trax! continued to release ground breaking artists and has been credited around the world as a principal innovator in what has come to be known as “Industrial Music.” The influence of the label and store touched countless bands, venues, promoters and music fans. Both Jim Nash and Dannie Flesher have since passed away due to complications brought on by AIDS, Jim in 1995 and Dannie in 2010.

Proceeds from the event will benefit Center On Halsted, the most comprehensive Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgendered community center in the Midwest. Their mission is simple – in a safe, nurturing environment, The Center On Halsted serves as a catalyst for the LGBT community that links and provides local resources and enriches life experiences. As Wax Trax! provided throughout its history, the Center On Halsted serves as a meeting place for like-minded people who, too often, find themselves disenfranchised or disconnected from the “mainstream”.

Tickets for this two night event go on sale this Saturday at noon for $60. A special $500 VIP package includes 4 tickets, reserved seating and limited edition posters.

FRIDAY,APRIL 15TH & SATURDAY, APRIL 16TH:
WAX TRAX! RECORDS RETROSPECTACLE: 33 1/3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
featuring

* FRONT 242
* MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT
* LUC VAN ACKER, PAUL BARKER, CHRIS CONNELLY plus guests performing selections of THE REVOLTING COCKS
* EN ESCH, GUENTER SCHULZ & RAYMOND WATTS performing selections of KMFDM
* RIGHTS OF THE ACCUSED
* SPECIAL GUESTS & DJs

$60 2-Day Passes – $500 VIP Tables (4 tickets/4 seats/4 limited screen print posters) / 18 & Over / Doors: 7PM / Show: 8PM
Proceeds to benefit Center On Halsted

TICKETS ON SALE THIS SATURDAY 2/19 @ NOON::
Metro Box Office
Internet sales at www.metrochicago.com

About Metro
Metro is one of the country’s most renowned independent concert venues. Established in July 1982, Metro has become a playground for new and developing local artists as well as showcasing the best cutting edge bands from around the globe for twenty-five years. For more information, visit www.metrochicago.com

METRO is located at 3730 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60613
ebbhead
The Jet Set

Postby shred » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:57 am

Cool. I had/have tons of Wax Trax stuff on both vinyl and CD. Haven't really listened to it in ages, but lots of good times.

A guy who frequented the NJ/NY club scene in the early 90's, and was a friend of a friend of mine had a good run with them. Remember Chris Randall of Sister Machine Gun?
shred
Take On Me

Postby shred » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:26 am

Every other record on Wax Trax had big Al on it. Wouldn't be complete without him there. And where's Sasha from KMFDM, Meat Beat?
shred
Take On Me

Postby DJ Phoenix » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 am

Chicago dj's playing an event and NOT spinning some sort of shitty: House/techno? that in itself is a miracle.....I might even have to pay to see that.

"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Postby ebbhead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:30 am

Al is probably on a bender. [:(]
ebbhead
The Jet Set

Postby ebbhead » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 am

Ticket purchased! WOOT
ebbhead
The Jet Set

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews