Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

gary numan..wembley (micromusic)

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

gary numan..wembley (micromusic)

Postby scouser » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:04 pm

the best cdoncert ever with the best light show ever...i have this concert on video and i never get tired of watching it...some exellent songs..with exellent light effects...if you havent seen this concert go and buy the video (ebay) you wont be disapointed the video lasts about 3 hours....my m8 also done me a copy of the video onto vcd...ill get a dvd copy soon
trust me you will love this concert [:D][:D][:D][:D]
scouser
Running Up That Hill

Postby Berserker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:34 am

As a HUGE Numan fan (my username comes from one of his albums), I have to agree.

For those who don't know, this is a recording of Numan's "farewell" performance in 1981, when he was at the very peak of his popularity. He wanted to retire from touring, as he was burned out (he was only 23 at the time) and thought that music videos would replace live gigs in the future anyway. So he held this farewell concert and spared no expense. It really is a visual spectacular (Numan lost something like half a million dollars by charging way less for tickets than he what he needed to because of what he spent on the stage set).

This is one show that's begging for a remastering onto DVD.
Berserker
The Jet Set

Postby Ollie Stench » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:20 am

Is this the same show that was released as "The Touring Principle"?
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby Berserker » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:34 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by Ollie Stench[/i]
<br>Is this the same show that was released as "The Touring Principle"?
[/quote]No. "The Touring Principle" was a 1979 concert, when Numan had just gone global with "Cars". As I said, Micromusic is his 1981 farewell concert at Wembley.

Useless trivia: Numan's "The Touring Principle" was the very first mass-market music videocassette.
Berserker
The Jet Set

Postby Ollie Stench » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:58 am

Any chance I could get copies if/when htey become available? Also, I work at a high-end video editing facility. If you have these on tape I could burn them to DVD.
Ollie Stench
Room at the Top

Postby scouser » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:11 am

ollie
i have the concert on video...and also on vcd.....i could do you a copy if you want one.....
beserker my usual user name is telekon but i used scouser for this forum......ive got lots of dvds of numan from tv shows from 1979 to the present day....also the 25th anaversary show
all exellent quality
take care all
scouser
Running Up That Hill

Postby yipyipcoyote » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:38 pm

Is this the same show that was featured on 'Urgh! A music war'? Was he roaming about the stage in a golf cart or something during 'Down in the Park'? Spine-chilling stuff. Living Ornaments 81?

Can't believe it's not on DVD yet [:0]
yipyipcoyote
The Jet Set

Postby scouser » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:23 am

yes thats the one yipyipcoyote......
exellent video.....numan should re release it on to DVD
.....he still does exellent concerts today
[:D][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
scouser
Running Up That Hill

Postby torypsx » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:07 am

hey ya'll...i do have an excellent vhs to dvd transfer of this incredible classic if anyone is interested, great chapter selection the whole bit!

cheers
torypsx
Switchin' to Glide

Postby hutter » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:41 am

[quote][i]Originally posted by torypsx[/i]
<br>hey ya'll...i do have an excellent vhs to dvd transfer of this incredible classic if anyone is interested, great chapter selection the whole bit!

cheers
[/quote]Definitely interested! Email me info and lets work something out.
hutter
Room at the Top

Postby THEGOLDENCAT » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:56 pm

Hi

Been looking for this for years. Any chance of anyone getting me a vcd ( or dvd ) copy of this?
THEGOLDENCAT
Running Up That Hill

Postby crystal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:25 am

gary numan has said in a recent interview that he plans to release that mentioned wembley show later this year... hopefully it works out - can't wait!
crystal
Personal Jesus

Postby Barmy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:37 am

Is this ever coming out on DVD?
Barmy
The Jet Set

Postby crystal » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:14 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Barmy[/i]
<br>Is this ever coming out on DVD?
[/quote]

one can only hope, I bet... in one of the news items (can't seem to locate it on www.numan.org anymore, seems the old news simply fade away + are not stored) Gary said sth along the lines they haven't found a master (or was it laserdisc or similar) that can be worked on, all have their faults so far, shame about that, would love to have that gig on dvd...
crystal
Personal Jesus

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews