Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Thomas Dolby NA Tour 2012 Map of the Floating City

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Thomas Dolby NA Tour 2012 Map of the Floating City

Postby elektrikblu » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 am

So were you there? I was. San Diego at Anthology. Great show. Mellow crowd. Thomas seemed a bit off in the distance at first. And his vocals were definitely tired. (wasn't hitting those higher notes:) But he opened up and started to have fun half way in. The genre-hopping was in full force with his chosen set list but he didn't ignore why his 80s fans are still in alignment. Good set list. His final encore song I wasn't familiar with and thought he could have gone out on a much higher note but hey. If you were at another show or this one, chime in with any adds or color. Cheers!

Here's the set list for Anthology - San Deigo 4/16 @7:30:pm:

Commercial Breakup
One of Our Submarines
The Flat Earth
Evil Twin Brother
Love is a Loaded Pistol
My Brain is like a Sieve
Road to Reno
Toad Lickers
I scare myself
I love you Goodbye
Europa and the Pirate Twins
Airhead
Hyperactive!
She Blinded Me with Science

Encore:
Spice Train
Silk Pyjamas

elektrikblu
"Don't look at the carpet/ I drew something awful on it/ See."
elektrikblu
Personal Jesus

Postby DJ Wave » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:57 pm

I caught The Time Capsule Tour on March 31st

http://retropolis-withdjwave.blogspot.c ... -tour.html

Your stop was one of the last 2 dates in the US, and I believe San Diego was two performances on one night. Could explain the vocals and the fact that it was a whirl wind tour thru the US with 23 shows in 30 days!

"Silk Pyjamas" is from Astronauts & Heretics, which also has "I Love You Goodbye" being my all time favorite Dolby song with a sweet spot meaning.

He was fantastic, just as good as I had seen in the 80's. Too bad the venue was a wrong fit for him...he should have played FTC instead of Ridgefield Playhouse. [;)]

In his own geeky way He's sort of sexy...yes I said sexy! [:I]
DJ Wave
Personal Jesus

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews