Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Killing Joke US Dates

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Postby schwenko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:19 am

schwenko
Room at the Top

Postby thegoldenyear » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 am

Notes from the past week as Joke wends its way west. It's taken a bit of work to figure it all out - the Joke forum's reporting none of this, but...

1) Paul Ferguson skipped (at least) Montreal and Toronto to tend to an art gallery opening. Fill-in was Jason Bowld of Pitchshifter. He was fine in Toronto.

2) Jaz has been illin,' and whatever he had went right after his throat. Toronto's was a game, but compromised, effort: no Ferguson and five songs cut on the fly from the posted setlist. (Additionally, tour regulars Love Like Blood and European Super State were bypassed for Madness and Bloodsport.)

3) They played [i]three[/i] shows in Chicago this past weekend: a fullish set Friday, and a pair Saturday. brooklynvegan.com reported this in advance. A few people have written me that the Friday and early Saturday sets were also pared down, but the later Saturday was back to full set (+/- 19 songs). Therefore, setlist.fm's data is inaccurate for the last batch of shows.

4) My Toronto review here: http://thegoldenyear.wordpress.com/2013 ... gjoke2013/

Hope the west coast batch finishes strong. Give Jaz an extra hand for really pushing through the murk.
thegoldenyear
Take On Me

Postby DJ Phoenix » Mon May 06, 2013 3:28 am

Went to the show last night at the Fonda, they were pretty good. Love Like Blood was great. Liked the song "Asteroid"?

"Keepin the '80s alive!"
DJ Phoenix
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews