Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Adam Ant - Cleveland

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Adam Ant - Cleveland

Postby Rubellan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:54 am

I'm surprised not much has been discussed about the current Adam Ant tour, so I thought I would post my review.

I saw Adam perform at the Agora in Cleveland on Wednesday, August 28. The Show was... so-so. Adam was in great form; his voice was great and he's entertaining on stage. The main problem was the sound, which was AWFUL! It was all rumbling bass, muddy with no detail. Add to that, my sister joked: "What's with the Swedish Metal backing band??" It was a bit of an odd coupling. That being said, I was transfixed by one of the two drummers, a female with large peroxide hair, fishnet stockings, and looking like a prostitute. She was awesome to watch her steadfast determination during each of the 29 songs, not missing a beat. She put the male drummer to shame.

But the downside of this ensemble is that many of the songs had a more punked up feel, and even a bit frantic. Some songs translated pretty well (Desperate but not serious), others did not (Stand and Deliver, which sounded as if Adam was just rambling through the lyrics to get it overwith. You can see the Cleveland performance on YouTube. I was about 4 rows in, but couldn't really spot myself in the video).

I can't complain (too much) about the track listing, but there was more new stuff than I needed to hear, and I could have done without much of the Dirk stuff as well. But at 2 hours and 29 songs, I don't think anyone left feeling cheated.

I think the show was pretty good, especially for a bipolar 58 year old, but I would love to see Marco, or even some of the other Ants, do a tour with a more authentic Antmusic sound.

Scott
Rubellan
Room at the Top

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews