Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

New Limited Edition PUNK photo book

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

New Limited Edition PUNK photo book

Postby venusinfurs » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:08 pm

If you like your Punk and New Wave photos sharp and previously unpublished, then this book delivers!

Sheila Rock (wife of Mick Rock) was there as Punk emerged in London in the early 70s and captured some of the best moments on the street, in the shops, on stage and in sessions. The book is amazing - page after page of stunning photos covering just about every aspect of the London Punk scene from 1975 to 1980 as it fragmented into New Wave. A set of exclusive and never-before-seen photos of a rehearsal session of Moors Murderers is a must-see (Steve Strange & Chrissie Hynde in 1976!).

Featuring Siouxsie & The Banshees/The Bromley Contingent, The Clash, The Damned, Buzzcocks, Subway Sect, X Ray Spex, Generation X/Chelsea, Public Image, The Cure - and a section on The Jam as a typical band born out of this era of innovation, sharing fans in both the mod, punk and new wave genres.

The book also thoroughly covers the street fashion element of the era, with revolutionary shots from inside the early Westwood/McLaren shop SEX/Seditionaries, BOY, Acme Attractions and Robot - including some amazing shots of the opening party of the BOY shop.

I can't recommend this book strongly enough for anyone interested in Punk/New Wave, not just a great looking, high quality book but an important historical archive.

Limited Edition of 2000 copies only, and a Deluxe Edition of 300 which comes with an original Sheila Rock signed print of The Clash - both are available from the First Third website:

www.firstthirdbooks.com
venusinfurs
Running Up That Hill

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews