Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

Spandau Ballet @ SXSW

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

Postby Dominik500 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 pm

So Spandau we're amazing at SXSW. Their set at the Vulcan gas Company was one of the most intensely powerful gigs I've seen by an 80s artist. I wish they did more from Diamond (just Chant No 1) but I was close enough to get a set list! Their movie Soul Boys Of The West is really great. It discusses their lawsuit, all the early stuff at the Blitz and a lot of things I didn't know. I got to attend their panel and they talked about touring the US a lot. And they played the Lou Reed tribute gig which would've been great even if they weren't there. I took this video of them doing Satellite Of Love!

http://youtu.be/BU_aNB8cegM

Also Gary Numan sucked.

"You say I've got my father's aching hips, I've got ulcers too.
You've got your mother's looks, but she's 45, not 22." The Quarks - "Mechanical" (1981 Magnet Records)
Dominik500
Personal Jesus

Postby Frau_Blucher » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Spandau really were that good.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Postby plagiarism » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm

[quote][i]Originally posted by Dominik500[/i]
Also Gary Numan sucked.
[/quote]

Which show did you go to? I thought the show at Brazos Hall was great. The sound was really bad from the back of Elysium.
plagiarism
Room at the Top

Postby Frau_Blucher » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 am

Even for the Brazos gig, I could immediately see how some people might not like the Numan gig. If you're not used to his industrial bent these last several years, it could be off-putting. He put forth a very heavy sound even on his "new wave" classics. I really liked it for his dramatic performance and the sound at Brazos. I can see shitty sound at some typical SX venue being a big letdown.
Frau_Blucher
Room at the Top

Previous

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews