Site Announcements

View the results of the New Wave Outpost 20th Anniversary Top Songs Poll here:
http://www.nwoutpost.com/poll/results

Coming Soon: Top Albums Poll. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the new forum!
If you are a previously registered user, you must do the following:

1) Click on 'I forgot my password' at the login prompt
2) Enter your username and email you registered with and submit
3) You will receive an email with an activation link. Please click it and then log in using the random password provided
4) Go to your User Control Panel and click on the Profile tab
5) Click on 'Edit Account Settings' and enter your new password twice followed by the random password provided earlier. Click Submit.
6) That's it...you're back in! You may have to log in again with your new password.

If you forgot your email address, please email me (MikeP) at: mikepaulsen12@gmail.com

Note: you must now use bb code buttons in the Post form for embedded images, YouTube videos, etc.
For example, to post embedded YouTube videos: paste in the link (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?XYZ1234567), highlight it and then click the YouTube button.

NW Shows in Albuquerque:

Post past and present concert & album reviews and interviews.

NW Shows in Albuquerque:

Postby KYYX4ever » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:37 am

3/12 The Fixx
3/21 Shonen Knife
5/6 Billy Idol
5/7 Angels in Light(M. Gira from the Swans)
5/28 the GoGos

wow, the concert season is swinging into action and some cool shows are upcoming. I wonder if any of these will be any good; what do you guys think ?

I especially would like to know if it's all 4 original members of the Fixx, especially Cy Curnin? Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance![:)]
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby more than this » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:36 pm

I know my two cents doesn't count for much around here because I was born in '79, but...

The Fixx is one of the best live bands I've ever seen. They've changed bassists a couple of times, but Cy is still at the helm and they sound fantastic today. You don't want to let this show go by KYYX [:)]
more than this
Personal Jesus

Postby KYYX4ever » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:45 am

thanks,
I'm thinking I'm definately gonna check out the Fixx. I saw them live in 1984 in Seattle, and it remains a cherished NW memory! I always had a bit of a crush on Cy.
Also, I've heard that Billy Idol (I'm not such a big fan, but I love live music) is still really rockin' live, and I think I'll head to that one. I wonder how much old material he does, vs. new stuff ?
KYYX4ever
Room at the Top

Postby OrangeJimmy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:42 am

Hey KYYX4ever, off topic, I think I can help you with your search for Moberlys material. Shoot me a line if you are in
OrangeJimmy
Running Up That Hill

Return to Concert & Album Reviews / Interviews